Modding Help Adding Duck and Rabbit Breeds?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ankou, Mar 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ankou

Ankou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been toying around with adding recolored breeds for fun and basically everything has gone well with most species... except for ducks and rabbits. When I try to add a custom breed for them I get a COD when I go to the forest, the area of the map with Marnie's ranch. Strangely I can add them to my farm and they work fine but as soon as I get near that ranch, COD.
    Has anyone successfully added a custom breed for those species and if so, how? Did you have to do anything different or did it just work for you?

It's simple to do, adding the appropriately named .xml files with altered pngs and renamed yamls (So, for example a suffolk sheep would need BabySuffolk Sheep, ShearedSuffolk Sheep, and Suffolk Sheep .xmls, each containing correctly named pngs/yamls) to your animals folder. Then edit the FarmAnimals.yaml to contain lines for each, I've just been copy/pasting the data from the parent breed and changing the name. That seems to just work for most animals, I'm not really sure what else may need done to get others working too.
    (The method I used is the same shared by this mod.)

• Ankou

Anyone?
      Even someone saying "I've done it and it worked fine, no crash at Marnie's" would be helpful because then I would know it was something on my end.

• Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just tried this out this in regards to a duck breed and haven't encountered the same issue yet. I have a few more I want to add for ducks and rabbits so I'll return and let you know if the problem pops up on my end too!

• Ankou

Thank you!
          It's good to hear it may just be on my end, that probably means I can resolve it. Maybe I just managed to pack my ducks incorrectly.

• Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hopefully that ends up being the case and not an issue with the game itself. Best of luck!!