Modding Help Adding Shops Using .XNB

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DomTSVG, Apr 29, 2017.

1. DomTSVG

DomTSVG Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all!

I'm in the middle of developing an overhaul mod, or, rather at the beginning of developing an overhaul mod, something that will add huge longevity to the game with tons of new crops and recipes. Things are already chugging along with 3 new crops for the springtime, but I've run into a bit of a problem.

As far as I can see, the realm of .xnb file modding is all I need to create the things I want to create, and will thus make installing easy for those who would want to use my mod. The issue is, I don't want to have to deviate away and use someone else's mod or SMAPI modding, as these can make managing the mod I want to create rather difficult. I haven't used many mods with SMAPI, but I've removed all of them as in some way or another, as they've caused issues. This is all just my personal gripes, though.

My big problem is not the creation of the crops or recipes, far from it, my issue is giving the players access to these items without cheating, and in a way that makes sense for the game. My first idea was to simply add them to Pierre's inventory, but alas, that's a fruitless endeavor without someone else's mod entirely. My next idea was to add a sort of, extension to Pierre's, a shop accessible in a different section of the store, like the one at the counter. I'm not sure if this is possible, but this is the method I would like to use if it's possible. At the worst case scenario, in an attempt to make sure that there should be no need to install other mods, I would give them all out by mail, either on certain days and years throughout the game, which would make it hard/impossible for previous saves to get hold of the recipes, or to have them available through mail from Pierre and friendship with him, like receiving recipes from other characters. My problem with both of these last options, is either giving out the seeds in high quantity, or making a recipe that uses, say, Copper Bars to simulate buying the seeds. Just seems very unnecessary to me.

TL;DR -> I want to add in a shop or two using .xnb modding alone, to make installation and use of my overhaul mod as easy as possible.

Thanks for reading, I would appreciate any responses!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

you cant add shops with xnb, this requires a SMAPI mod. Use ALL if you dont want to learn how to use SMAPI.