RELEASED Adult Jas Bachelorette - with a side of Adult Vincent

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

I know it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I don't know where else to ask. Someone requested a mod involving adult Jas, and they included your version as a base. Is it okay if I modify that for them? I think it's probably just for personal use, and I won't be changing much.

• randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

I saw the thread a while ago, and really, I could have done it myself. But I'd like to keep this mod worksafe, and I'm a lazy couch potato.
      So I'll say that it's okay, but. The edited portraits are only for personal use and in no way associated with the mod.
      --- Post updated ---
      * Added video review (?) by Dragoon-BB

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

I made a Jas portrait mod... it did not go well. Then I shrugged it off then i too a break from Stardew Valley got real into Undertale. The moral of the story: If people are going to start taking the cardinal rule of the Jas Mods "Aren't about sex and never will be about sex." Stardew Valley is gonna get hella weird.

• Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I figured that might be what you'd say, so i just included a raw png, without any code. People can do what they want with it from there.

• Sachiko

Sachiko Void-Bound Voyager

... ...
            ... ... ...
            I liked it more when it was politically incorrect.
            *sigh* Oh, well...

Dakmordian likes this.
            • VincentX3

VincentX3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whatever happened to the "Yandere Jas" mod? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

Does this still work with 1.1???

• randomAnon123

It went down with the stardewmods site, never to be seen again.
                  Well, unless you manage to find a download link somewhere I guess :V The mod is still up on Mega.
                  Maybe try Dragoon-bb's videos.

It probably doesn't.
                  With the addition of Emily and Shane as marriage candidates, as well as new events (both for them and in general), the mod files are now outdated.
                  You know, stuff like the NPCDispositions.xnb file. If you still use the mod files, the added events might be broken (stuff like sprites and/or portraits not showing up, for example) or they could be totally erased, too (= since the files are overwritten, you'd have the mod's events, but not the new ones).

I don't know if I'll update this mod to 1.1, 'cause I lost interest in SDV sometime ago, but who knows.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
                  • randomAnon123

Ok, I lied.
                    After I posted it wouldn't stop bugging me so I updated the mod to version 1.1 of SDV.
                    It should work fine, but I haven't tested it yet.

You can find the updated version on Nexus Mods.

Dakmordian and XaviiKinz like this.
                    • VincentX3

Thanks mate. It's a really nice mod so much appreciated that you took the time to update it.

randomAnon123 likes this.
                      • Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, I was wondering if you'd ever be willing to update the normal Jas marriage mod to work with 1.1 at all. As strange as it was, I rather liked the way you'd handled the events. It can still be found over at http://stardewvalleymods.net/jas-marriage-mod/ but not the other mod site is gone, all the alternate portraits are gone. I mean, if the marriage aspect is too weird for people, the events would still be nice to have. Personally I didn't mind and just looked at as a weird sort of adoption or taking her on as an apprentice.

I don't know, perhaps I'm rationalizing it cause I thought the overall presentation was really well done.

• randomAnon123

I might update the events to 1.1 and put them up as a sort of character arc for Jas, but I think I'll have to remove the marriage aspect anyway.
                          It's against the forum rules. And, well, it wasn't all that important to begin with. The events were the real meat of the mod after all :nod:

I don't know if I'll also upload the modified dialogue though. It wasn't anything unique, but it would give a sort of one-sided crush vibe on Jas' part.
                          We'll see :V

*If possible, I'd like for a moderator to confirm whether or not a mod like this (only events with the marriage part removed) would be accepted as far as the forum rules go.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
                            Dakmordian and XaviiKinz like this.
                          • Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Hey, thanks a lot for the mod. Wanted to try it out and installed almost everything (didn't really feel like changing Vincent, so kept him as a kid).
                            Thing is, I already had 10 hearts with Jas, and yet no event is starting with her. Her dialog changed and everything, but other than that, nothing happens. Do I have to reset my relationship with her or something ? I'm also already married, might it be why ?

• randomAnon123

Hmm, that's weird. Did you try giving her a gift/talking to her/going to sleep? And if yes, are you trying to trigger the first event (the one in the forest)?
                              These events can only trigger if you've already seen the previous ones. They also need you to satisfy certain requirements, like sunny weather or Jas being present in that map.

If nothing works, could you please try to start a new game and see if it works like that?

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

I talked to her, but hadn't gone to sleep and didn't think of giving her a gift yet.
                                I did get to meet her alone in the forest without an event starting. Maybe as you stated I need to give her something first. Today's a rainy day so it'll have to wait for the next one.
                                Thank you !

• Sena

Sena Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope you decide to update it fully (with marriage intact), even if you can't post it here. I don't plan on playing 1.1 without it, I'd rather have the mod than the new content so far.

• VincentX3

Yea same. The controversiality of it (And in the Yandere's mod case) the creepiness and it being the only mod that gave the game a dark feeling, was what made it so great. Not enough mods out there with those dark tones at the moment..

• randomAnon123

If I upload it either here or on the nexus, the marriage part will be taken out, no question. I might make a video for the mod and add the link to the "complete" version in the description though.

About the Yandere mod. It was probably the worst to test, but also the best in terms of content (I put 10 events in there. 10!), and I agree that we need more dark mods for SDV. But, like the normal Jas mod, if I upload it either here or on the nexus (or on both), I'll have to remove the marriage part.

I have sick days from school though, so I might update them. I'm currently working on a NPC mod (sprites, portraits, schedule and dialogue are done. I'll probably add a few events and then release him), but since I'm stalled as to how make it look like he's gone for a few days (dude refuses to walk off the map and into the infinite void. Damnit.), I might as well work on updating the Jas mods.

The only real problem here is if the nexus'll accept the mods without the marriage part. I'm not too keen on being kicked off the nexus because the mod is considered pedophilic :V

• VincentX3

I really much dought that the Nexus itself will do anything. Have you seen the amount of mods for Skyrim or Fallout in general that can involve children? All up there with no repercussions and even allows child killing in both games.
                                        So yea, I really don't think they'll do anything about it, they have tons of other "worse" mods. (Worse not as in bad, you get my point)

Also just wanted to take the time to thank you again for updating these mods. It was pretty much the first time I posted on this site just for that.
                                        Get well soon.

• randomAnon123

I say that about the nexus because I've actually already tried uploading the mod there once - and someone flagged it for pedophilia and banned me.
                                          And thanks.