RELEASED Adult Jas Bachelorette - with a side of Adult Vincent

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Welp, tried everything you proposed, and it didn't help still. She stands there in the forest and nothing happens. It's sunny in the middle of the day. Even tried giving her the bouquet and then visit again to see if something changed, but nope.
    Went to the museum, to marnie's ranch, nothing seems to work. She has new dialogue and shows "single" next to her name so the mod works, but since she already had ten hearts, I'd wager it made her events not happen for some reason ?
    As you requested I'll try it out from a new save just in case.

EDIT
    Just tried it out and... nothing happened. Did I install it wrong somehow ? I could've sworn I was careful to add almost everything (again I didn't want to change Vincent's look)...
    Just in case I might've been doing something wrong : for the first event to start, I merely need to walk in the forest/in front of Marnie's ranch when jas is there, in the suntime, right ?
    Also, Jas' dialogue seemed identical in the new game to her old one. Is it normal ?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

I actually could do without the darkness, the game has enough for me and it's not really my thing. Although I do see a few mods on Nexus specifically about making the game darker if that's your thing.

Oh, and to chime in with a few others, I'll be sad if you ditch the marriage part entirely. However, I know that if you wanna upload it somewhere that's an issue I can accept. Just thought I should add that.

• randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

Well, this is extremely weird. The event should have triggered if you went into the forest on a sunny day with Jas already present in the map.
        And there's no way that triggering any other event would cause a problem, or even getting married first and then installing the mod.
        I'll admit, I'm stumped on this one. Maybe try to download the mod again and make sure that you copy paste the entire "Data" folder, which is the one containing all the files pertaining to the events.

I've decided that, since (I assume) I can't directly link the marriage mod along with the "Events only" mod either here or on the nexus, I'll make a sort of introductory video to the mod and put the link in its description.
        So people'll have both the events and the marriage part available.

Dakmordian likes this.
        • Alan Minder

Okay... you're going to hate me, but even though I could've sworn I'd done so... I had installed none of the events files.
          Well I apologize for wasting your time.

• randomAnon123

For all those of you who wanted the return (in a way, but not quite) of the Jas Marriage Mod, check this thread.
            That video is so dumb.
            And I spent too long on making those events.
            Goddamnit.

XaviiKinz likes this.
            • randomAnon123

Oh, don't worry! It can happen. No harm no foul.
              I'd like to know what you thought of the events afterwards though.

• Alan Minder

Just finished it yesterday.
                It was fun ! She definitely needed some of that depth.
                I think I had issues with a few of the events though, mostly about the clarity of what's to be done. Receiving a letter that goes "please bring me honey" made me think I could just hand it to her directly. The quest line should've specifically mentioned to bring it to Marnie in her ranch... which isn't even necessarily how it goes, as jas would need to be there for it (wouldn't she ?) So I gave a jar of honey to marnie, who didn't like it much, and nothing happened... and I was unsure of what to do, until I walked into the ranch and started the event.
                Regarding the relationship with shane too, while it's a good story, I'd already reached the level 10 relationship with him, so he was now a happy man who was seeing a therapist; the "he doesn't want anybody's help" sounded a bit off because of it.
                Overall those are tiny issues that didn't bother me much because the development itself was simple and enjoyable. Thanks for this mod !

• randomAnon123

Ah, I see. I really couldn't think of a way to word it without it seeming too mechanical, you know?
                  It's kind of the problem with trying to create events with more requirements.
                  And as for Shane, I originally released this mod before Shane got his status as single. So, since I'm an idiot, when I updated this mod to 1.1 I forgot that Shane now had events, and that I might want to make it so that you couldn't trigger the new ones before seeing Jas'.

Anyway, thank you for trying the mod!

• hsojbm123

hsojbm123 Void-Bound Voyager

Hm, tried exiting my house at around 8:00 AM.... Got Jas to 10 hearts... And nothing happened?
                    Edit: It's also sunny outside.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
                    • fantasykz

fantasykz Orbital Explorer

Is it works on 1,2 version of Stardew? I did everything and the "SINGLE" still not appears.

• stardewfarmerlulu

stardewfarmerlulu Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, will you update this mode once the 1.3 release?