1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Advanced Start

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by debugman18, Dec 8, 2013.

1. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In preparation for the upcoming patch (that is likely to wipe saves) I created a small mod to start you off with a bit of extras. You get 1 random tech, as well as a guaranteed two pistols, one assault rifle, two daggers, a broadsword,1000 unrefined wood, a silver pickaxe, 5000 pixels, and a molten core.

Currently compatible with: Beta v. Irritated Koala. (I'll obviously make sure it works for the next patch, as well)

Download Mirror:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ibkcjqt4urdq52/Advanced Start.zip

Instructions:
    Drag the mod contents into your Starbound/assets folder. If asked to overwrite, say yes. This mod is incompatible with anything that modifies the default treasurepools.

Attached Files:

2. Kolotjib

Kolotjib Master Chief

Great mod dude! looks really helpful!:DD just one problem if you start with the molten core it kinda eliminates the need to spawn the first boss, because you need to summon him to get the core to make the metal working station to be able to get to the beta sector and to make the second boss in order to get to the gamma sector to gather materials to summon the third boss;). Oh and you should start with a stone pickaxe and stone axe,maybe less pixels:proper:

3. Kolotjib

Kolotjib Master Chief

*just my thoughts (should've added that):facepalm:
    :rock::paper::scissors::ssssssssss:

4. debugman18

Ah. I balanced it this way because my friends and I had just gotten to the beta sector. I figured there were other people like us who have gotten that far, who didn't want to completely start over when the next patch comes.

5. Kolotjib

Kolotjib Master Chief

yeah i see what you mean... just lost my character:eek: so im redownloading this:mwahaha: thanks for the mod!

6. Terwin94

Terwin94 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can you edit it to add a grappling hook? I'm sure I could figure it out with enough time but you already know how to do it and stuff... I just want a grappling hook.

7. eran100

eran100 Void-Bound Voyager

Does it still work?

8. Simi

Simi Big Damn Hero

It worked for me after the wipe (new wipe incoming...) so yeah, it works. :)

9. eran100

eran100 Void-Bound Voyager

Do I get the stuff in treasures?

10. debugman18

I'll be uploading a version for the hotfix patch as soon as it's out. It does work right now, but I haven't gotten around to uploading the updated version (that retains treasure other than starter).

11. Terwin94

Terwin94 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can you put grappling hooks into the starting treasure pool? I have no idea how to do it my self.

12. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Installed this mod, and now I can't open the game, re-installing doesn't fix it.

13. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

lawls try nuking the leftover files after you uninstall
    thats what i did and i could play again and install mods
    edit:i can confirm this doesnt work with Agitated Koala

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  14. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am using it with Indignant Koala right now without issue.