Advice for creating a mod

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Armorine1983, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I am just looking for advice when i plan on making this idea i have into a mod. The idea is to make short range teleporters that only work on the planet or moon they are placed on and make them linked together. I want it separate from the vanilla teleporters because i don't want all these links together in one big giant mess and I want to create this because i like building huge bases and it can take a long time to get from place to place on the planet or moon.

I have some knowledge in C++ and i have never done anything like this before (most i have done is modify stats on weapons on other games). I am going thru the tutorials and one idea i have would be teleporters that would be needed to be wired together (i would have to find a way to bypass the limited range of wiring them together to achieve what i want). Another idea would be to find all the script data on the planet or moon and link them together that way. Any advice would be appreciated