Tool [All versions][Win/Linux] ModPackHelper

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dolan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. JustJinxed

JustJinxed Poptop Tamer

You might want to add the ability in the asset_packer to utilize the new exclude via json option as well, or maybe allow the option to pass it through via "$@"?

asset_packer -c <filename.json> <asset folder path> <output filename>
    The json file accepts all sorts of fun regex for globalIgnore and serverIgnore. While serverIgnore is less used, many people place source file images from gimp or their favorite editors, in the same directory as their release png files to keep things easy to edit. There's also an order directive, but I'm not sure it's useful in the current builds of SB.

filename.json common format example:

Code:
        "globalIgnore": [
            ".work",
            ".*\\.xcf.*"
            ],
        "serverIgnore": [
            ".spatch",
            "*.c"
            ]
    }

2. Luxuriatic

Luxuriatic Space Hobo

it just keeps crashing whenever i choose an option

3. Zombiexeffect

Zombiexeffect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried .11 and .10 and it just closes without doing anything when its run in the real game folder, when I copy the asset file to another folder on the desktop it tries to tell me its successfully unpacked but to the _Unpacked folder which does not exist... same thing happens when run with admin privs

alicedafox likes this.
  4. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

It's broken. Generally packing is broken here. Every time get back to modding i spend few days trying to make it working. What are freetype6.dll or cygvorbisfile-3.dll? Why do I need them all of a sudden????!??!?!!? how to use asset_unpacker.exe? Non of tips nor from starbounder or this forum are working

DaIIas likes this.
  5. YunhoTheStarbounder

YunhoTheStarbounder Aquatic Astronaut

When I use the other options they work fine, but when I want to unpack the assets they don't work. Help!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  6. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Guess this is still not fixed,bummer... (was about to try and make one)

EDIT:Nvm just use the 10th .bat file and that should work fine...(time to fry my brain..my young brain..)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. JakerH2

JakerH2 Space Hobo

i cannot get this to work

it just says that it cant find the assets file .-.

8. Talon Gaming

Talon Gaming Master Chief

It isn't working for me. I have the .bat file in the "assets" folder under Starbound, and it opens just fine, but when I type in 0 to unpack the assets and hit enter, the window just closes. It seems to say something, but it closes too fast for me to read it. Help? Anyone?

9. Talon Gaming

Talon Gaming Master Chief

Update: the same thing happens when I try to unpack mods. I hit two, then enter, and that works right, but whether I choose 0 or 1 for the next choice, it crashes. Again, it says something, but I can't read that fast.

10. Duxie

Duxie Void-Bound Voyager

I know it says all versions, but... the game has been updated a lot since 1.0, does this definitely still work?

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Yes - there were no packing changes for a while, so it should still work.

12. Duxie

Duxie Void-Bound Voyager

Cheers :)

13. Deviner

Deviner Space Hobo

It's broken. I have the same behaviour as the previous post.
    "I tried .11 and .10 and it just closes without doing anything when its run in the real game folder, when I copy the asset file to another folder on the desktop it tries to tell me its successfully unpacked but to the _Unpacked folder which does not exist... same thing happens when run with admin privs"

BUT this guide helped me!
    https://starbounder.org/Modding:Modding_Basics

14. Lexicon-Prime

Lexicon-Prime Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a repaired working ModPackHelper I fixed from .10/.11 I was considering posting it

15. overtube

overtube Big Damn Hero

wow, nice, thank U!

16. irRegularGuy646

irRegularGuy646 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it's not working for me, i'm running the latest version on steam but when i start it up it first fills with
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods>207
    '[numbers 1-212, with a whole new message for each one]' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.​
    then when i try to unpack the assets it just closes.

17. pppjk453

pppjk453 Intergalactic Tourist

Can you share how you repaired the version of .10/.11?