Allow rotating of all furniture.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Budzilla, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right now there are a lot of furniture pieces that can only be oriented in one or two ways, for example the giant stuffed bear, several of the end table varieties, chests, statues, etc.

This is just a simple suggestion to allow us to rotate these items 360, as currently there are limited placement options that don't look goofy once the entire back wall of the house is filled up.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

360... With the way the game is I think 4 or 8 different directions would be most liable. 360 would be more to a Full 3D game; which this is not. Or something along the lines of skies of arcadia made long ago. Which also it is not.

However even when saying that, I myself wouldn't mind many rotation for various objects in game, even if it is the cardinal directions or both cardinal and diagonal which would be 4 or 8 directions. :nurutease:

• Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah by 360 I just meant the cardinal directions, ie: facing up, down, left, and right. Not literally being able to place it at every degree/angle. :p

Tamorr likes this.
        • slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a stupid question. How do you rotate furniture in the first place? I don't have a mouse, just a track pad,

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

It's been awhile since I had to meddle with furniture, but if I recall correctly you'd normally right-click with the furniture on your toolbar in order to change the furniture's orientation. If you know how to 'right-click' with a track pad, then I'd try that. Beyond that, I would have no idea (I don't use track pads).

• slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

So it is! Thank you. :)

• NasikaSakura

NasikaSakura Star Wrangler

I second the ability to rotate all furniture in cardinal directions!

The china display cabinet would have looked so nice in the bottom left of my kitchen against the left wall~

It looks strange in the back room along the south wall since that is supposed to be my library. Haha

I tried rotating it but could not like I could other furniture. It is possible this is a bug but I think it may just be a lacking feature without actual side graphics.

Focean likes this.