WIP Alternate Sebastian Appearance + Outfit(s) [Updated]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by IronZelly, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Out of morbid curiousity, which hairstyle for this mod do you prefer?

1. The default version. After all, Sebbie's emo hair is a blessing. It must be cherished!

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. The evened out version. Com'n, it'd grow so out of style once he reaches middle age!

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Don't make me choooooose! (They're both good.) >___<

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. *Suggests an even shorter haired version in the comments, for 20% less edge.*

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Needs more ginger. (tfw everybody's secretly a red head in stardew valley)

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

So around a week back, I decided to revamp Sebastian's portrait to make it coincide with the "Sebastian has Asian roots" headcanon and overall just make him look slightly less goofy (with his edge-lord hair) without trekking too far from the original Stardew Valley style. :DD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Or, you know, maybe he's ginger and dyed his hair. That works too. :X

A shorter (more evened out and natural looking) hairstyle variant is included as an option too, but there's no sprite sheet that's been made for it yet. So for those who actually consider using it, you can turn to Chrysanthe's shorter hair Sebastian mod for the sprite to go along with this version.

[​IMG]
    But Yoba help you if you think he won't grow it out. :pfff:

I've been planning to also include variant ports (and eventually sprites) with different outfits to eventually become compatible with the Dynamic NPC Clothing mod project that's been the hype of the community lately, though I'm not aiming too ambitiously yeeet cause I'm still figuring out how to make the clothes look decent on a smaller sprite sheet.
    That being said, this thread's currently dedicated for this specific portrait mod project, and I've got my hands full with other projects at the moment. However, if I do end up going somewhere with the alt clothes idea, it'll be posted here, though if you're expecting an original default compatible version, I'll consider it (maybe). :disshappy:

As you can tell, I am rather indecisive with my options, but hopefully you're not and you know what you want and if you want super Korean looking Sebastian who's either just as edgy as the default or the same Korean Sebbie but implied to have apparently had an existential crisis at some point after marriage, then you've come to the right place.

Both versions can be downloaded in the attachment.

To Install:
    - (Optional): Backup the sebastian.xnb file under Content/Portraits in your Stardew Valley folder. This is just so you can change it back after you replace the one in said folder.
    - Extract your selected .zip file once it's been downloaded.
    - Take the .zip file's sebastian.xnb file and replace the original .xnb file that you'd presumably made a backup for.
    - And you're done! Thank you for giving this portrait mod a chance! :D

Attached Files:

• IronZelly

Aw shoot, I made a mistake. Accidentally posted in the wrong forum. :facepalm:
      Well this is embarrassing. 'Guess this is why you don't post at 3 am in the morning, kids.

• CookiesByTheSea

CookiesByTheSea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I change Seb's portrait way to often but I can't resist this one! He looks precious especially with the shorter hair option!

IronZelly likes this.
        • IronZelly

Update as of 1/12/17:

1) An even shorter hair variation has been added to the mod, and he comes with his own sprite too! :DD
          [​IMG]

2) :poke:The natural-styled version also has his own sprite now!
          [​IMG]
          Note: This also serves as a preview for the alternate outfit mentioned in 3) below. I've made a sprite sheet with his original hoodie as well and it's included under the "natural style" zip, and "sprite pack" -- in case you just wanna use the sprites for your own little insane purposes. X3

+ 3) :iswydt: Added an alternate outfit for all the hair options!
          4) As mentioned under the mini-preview, you can download the sprites separately in the sprite-pack.zip file I've included for downloading.

I'm making this mod open-source and free for anyone to use or take apart the assets so long as they don't claim as their own. Credit is appreciated anyways. Hope you enjoy this okay! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
          • maxiner

maxiner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

these look amazing i love your art style!!! i love seb's mouth it looks like he's making the :3 face.......

IronZelly likes this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh goodness, he looks so precious :3
              Excellent job!

EDIT: Why must I chooseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I want them all xD
              Can't we just add twins to the game??? Or, like, Demetrius makes a cloning machine and Sebastian goes in, just for the giggles??? Yoba have mercy, he's adorableeeeeee

Medicell and IronZelly like this.
              • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

I like them both, but if we're going the Asian roots, why not go full speed and do long flowing hair ala bad martial arts movie/ reverse-harem anime? Come on, let's see some love for the long hair!

IronZelly likes this.
                • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

o_O Whatever you do, don't do what I did and replace the character instead of the portrait. Seb's invisible until you get close then there's random bits of the portrait floating around you. Poltergeist Sebastian! He's heeeeere.....

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I relly like the natural version, thank you!

And I beg you on my knees, consider doing Sam next! I just haven't found a single sprite replacement for him that I like :(