RELEASED Alternative Intro Cinematic Art

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MattytheMouse, May 26, 2016.

1. MattytheMouse

MattytheMouse Industrial Terraformer

Hello everybody!

As you can see, I am brand spanking new to the Chucklefish forums and I firmly believe in making a strong first impression, so here, have a mod! I tried to improve the game's opening scene while remaining loyal to the art style. Oh, and I may have hidden a few easter eggs of my own, too. Please, let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Gramps would be proud. :up:

You know that was the FIRST thing I checked, right? :rofl:

MattytheMouse likes this.
      • MattytheMouse

I'm positive grandpa lit an extra candle after I gave him something little more comfortable than that hotel cot he used to lie on. I'm glad you liked it! And I'm glad you found my little Easter egg so amusing!

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but is this the right place to post this? Should I make a proper thread in the characters subcategories?

• EpicAdventure

EpicAdventure Zero Gravity Genie

Nice!
          The grandpa/fire moves, as in the original intro, or it's something static?

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Man...sleeping caps is such an old man thing ;0

• MattytheMouse

It's 'animated'. I mean, it's only two frames of animation, but that's still animation, right?

To more directly answer your question, the fire and the lighting in the room are animated, and grandpa still throws the letter at you as he did in the original. However, grandpa himself is completely static; no lip quivering; no grasping hand; nothing.