Boss Alternative route to getting the Inactive Robot

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dante2014, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Dante2014

Dante2014 Aquatic Astronaut

Hylotl are a peaceful race... so it doesn't really make sense that one would go around blasting creatures with a brain extracting gun, only to toss away brains considered inferior.

So, how about an alternative method of getting the Superior Brain that doesn't require random chance, fits race lore, but is somewhat more difficult to accomplish?

Maybe a superior brain guarded in an Apex laboratory, or the inactive robot head within a Glitch castle. both guarded by hostile NPCs the player has to defeat, instead of picking on random animals.

Yeah, its something of an inane suggestion, but it would be more immersive as it would be possible to stay in a character. For those who don't care about staying in character, it would be less tedious to actually find the stuff instead of farming monsters.

Hashpike likes this.
  2. Lyra Bennett

Lyra Bennett Astral Cartographer

I like the idea of having to complete a dungeon to get the head and brain. For the rest of the parts, perhaps instead of crafting them you could get them from mini-dungeon labs underground? That way you actually have to explore for the stuff instead of just mining surface ores.

3. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

brain trees should rarely drop them

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

If this was implemented, it would be a difficult thing to change.
    When you think about it, they would have to add more dungeons on more planets in the Beta sector (or wherever the Robot is).
    This, in turn, would mess up bunches of other things, like having less dungeons in other places giving a large need form the community to increase them on other planets.
    I do like the idea, but I don't think it would be to the good of the entire game.
    After all, until they add in quests with Lore, the Lore part is semi-irrelevant in my mind.