1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I dead?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZornieKins, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ZornieKins

ZornieKins Void-Bound Voyager

So I was exploring around a Very dense Planet as a sandstorm was going on, and the pile of sand I was standing on got hit by a passing block and sent me really far down. I thought I would die on impact but no, I heard the mega-crunch and a pain sound, then nothing. The screen went black. Then after a few seconds it came back, but the music changed to some really spooky music. And it keeps looping while I'm trying to find my way out of the cave.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Haedes and Rex Blackbeak like this.
  2. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

Do you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Sounds more like you fell down into some sort of mini biome with a different music. But the screen shoulden't be completely black, unless its been changed (yet again) a player should allways give off a faint glow (tbh i hope they changed it :p Made it impossible to hide from other players in the dark).

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Sounds like your playing undertale, I'd check the app that's running.

Otherwise, try using your matter manipulator to suss out where you are.

No matter how fast you went, starbound still needs to load the areas, so if you are unable to see, you still have health, and don't see lava everywhere, it's very likely you got embedded in rock underground.

Screenshots would help immensely.

ZornieKins likes this.
  5. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

No, you are undead.

6. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, it's Iowa.

The | Suit likes this.
  7. ZornieKins

ZornieKins Void-Bound Voyager

Well the thing is, I'm using Frackin' so I don't have the light aura, and I wasn't stuck in anything other then the cave. Could have just gone back to my ship but wheres the fun in that?
    [​IMG]