AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Yvejuzul, Aug 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yvejuzul

Yvejuzul Subatomic Cosmonaut

AM2R - Official Website

After years of development, AM2R has finally come full release. I have been following this game for quite some time now and from start to finish, I've found it to be an enjoyable romp. No thread has come out of it, so I think it would be best I link it for those who loved the original Metroid 2, and want a remake in the same vein as Metroid Zero Mission, with some additional items such as the Gravity Suit and Speed Booster, among other things.

Edit: Unfortunately, because of Nintendo not being happy with the fact that dedicated fans could make a better version of their original game, among other nonsense, the link to the download is no longer available. However, looking for it in DuckDuckGo, or Google and even Reddit should also have a link to it. Something this good should not be ignored.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Looks like Nintendo issued a DMCA, you'd have to go digging through their official forums for some alt download links/torrents.

3. Yvejuzul

Yvejuzul Subatomic Cosmonaut

A whole good amount of people are doing exactly that. There's no way anyone is letting the game disappear into obscurity. There's even a sub-reddit dedicated to the game as well. Just punch in AM2R and it'll pop on up, with links to downloading the game and all.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah I found a download link and dude this game rocks. lol.

They tried hard to keep faithful to the old GB game but yet give it enough to make it look fresh and new.

5. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to act like a normal developer.remember the golden days when Nintendo was the absolute shit?now it's sort of the one company in the background that sort of makes revolutionary games but absolutely denies that anyone but Japanese people exist.

6. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

*Cough* *Cough*
    Pokémon Uranium