1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Ammo overhaul (MMN) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Wurmheart, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

hey wurm can you add a revolver frame? theres a revolver weapon in the game. :3 plz do

2. Wurmheart

Wurmheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you using the latest version?
    Just tried it on my end and it works fine, not sure what causes the ice sphere not to work...

Sorry i'm not really in the mood of modding lately, and don't think i will be anytime soon. i'll still try to fix any bugs/update issues for the mod so far though.

3. Starbound playa

ok

4. Wurmheart

ow and can you check your starbound.txt log to see if my mod causes a error? or if you can replicate the crafting not working?

5. Starbound playa

ill try but also i have the latest version i think and ill try and i have the current version of halo ultra.

6. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I LOVE this mod, It's amazing, beautiful, GUNS!!!

Anyway, I have one complain. :rofl:
    I don't like to find a gun with 50 dps in the first chest of the game, while I am holding my crappy sword.
    I was pretending to play with a group of friends and I installed a lot of mods to make the game even harder (I find it actually a little easy).
    I was testing and then... Bam, that gun with small electric bouncing balls, the Teslagun, in the first minute. And it's the second time I find it on the beggining of the game. I used to kill a harder version of the Inactive Robot without any armor due to the high FPS and damage.

Maybe it's just me (probably), and I'm not saying it ruins the fun, I just want to know if there are a way to avoid this (that does not involve me ignoring the weapon, but yes editing some files or something like that).

In any case, your mod is awesome Wurm, it should be added to the vanilla version of the game asap! Thank's for listening and sorry for anything.

7. Wurmheart

You just got lucky tbh, the drop rate for those is really low. (though minibosses do seem more willing to drop legendaries at low lvl, not sure what causes that)
    The magnum, minigun and teslagun are the legendary rare guns i added, they have the lowest drop rate and in terms of damage i tried to make equal to the melee legendaries. (bonehammer & starword) They also can't be crafted.

8. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

My first playthrough was with this mod, and I found a rapid-fire sniper rifle with I believe about 40 DPS.
    Even the Harder Bosses mod didn't save Dreadwing from getting demolished.

9. the_creeper_kid1

the_creeper_kid1 Intergalactic Tourist

well i downloaded the mod, put it in the mods folder and now none of the mod works. can anyone help??

10. the_creeper_kid1

the_creeper_kid1 Intergalactic Tourist

never mind works with a new character, the mod is epic!

11. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is what bothers me and also the reason that lead me to uninstall the mod, a lot of OP weapons right in the beggining of the game. It's not what I was planning to have in the hardcore Starbound.
    And yeah, I was playing with Harder Bosses, Dreadwing was just destroyed in a couple of seconds xD

Battle Bee likes this.
  12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I think tier 1 guns shouldn't be possible. For the sake of game balance.

13. Wurmheart

Using steel as parts was kind of meant as a method to slow down guns for tier 1, but the occasional steel bars in chests ruin that concept.
    There's no option to base content of chests on their level yet, despite it being planned and hinted at in the files.
    So can't do to much about that as is.

Lastly, i will not be creating new mods for starbound.
    Seems mostly resolved now. just wait till you see it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Getting sued over a mod? What kind of stupidity is that?
    Anyway, thanks for this great mod! I am enjoying the entirety of it!

15. Redpug987

Redpug987 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason I installed the mod, but I don't see the gunsmith craft in game, why is this?

16. Wurmheart

Checked your anvil list? if it's not there craft a steel bar, i have that in place as a back up.
    The recipe learning via player.config just doesn't always work properly for some reason, especially if there's several mods using a player.config.

17. tamakithemasterv1

tamakithemasterv1 Space Spelunker

The projectiles for the modded guns don't show up in multiplayer and i see the vanilla guns projectile but it doesn't do any damage. Any advice?

18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Does the server itself have the mod? Servers need the mod installed and so do the users to see the mod changes.

19. Nataku Mazor

Nataku Mazor Void-Bound Voyager

Good mod, but if anyone is having an error along the lines of it saying "Duplicate projectile asset typeName flamethrowerflame. configfile /projectiles/guns/flamethrower/flamethrowermmn/flamethrowerflame.projectile" just go to your finder and go through these directories through \Starbound\mods\MMNgun\projectiles\guns\flamethrower\flamethrowermmn and delete the extra copy of flamethrowermmn.projectile. You should be good!

20. Wurmheart

Not me.

Checked both my current version and the dl. Neither have a duplicate. And i'm not getting the error in my log either.
    Was it named exactly the same? Might be from a old version as i did switch some names and locations around. Perhaps it didn't overwrite it properly for some reason with a update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.