1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Ammo overhaul (MMN) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Wurmheart, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctahFrank

DoctahFrank Big Damn Hero

I really like this mod, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to combine gun parts and frames... I'm trying to make a sniper but it's not working.

2. azurestone

azurestone Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is another small crafting table you make, top of the list on the gun smithing table. if I recall it's Gun Assembly.

Once you craft and place it (Easily fits on the smith table!) You put Gun Parts, and The Weapon Frame into the two slots to get an unloaded gun.

Put the unloaded Gun, and proper ammo into the same small crafting station, combine, and there is your working gun!

DoctahFrank and Wurmheart like this.
  3. Xotano

Xotano Subatomic Cosmonaut

from what i can see the only reasonably sized two handed minibiome gun in the mod is the giant flower AR, its just the right size, all the one handed minibiome guns are big enough to be two handed, all the rest of the two handed minibiome guns (and the flamethrower) are the length of two people, i challenge ANYONE to go take something that is as long as two people that is heavier then a foam noodle and hold it out strait without any sort of counterweight on the back, better yet get an actual gun and see just how heavy it is and then do that with something that is double or triple that weight.

aside from that sillyness this is an awesome mod that makes the game much more fun.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. Wurmheart

Wurmheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aye, and that's for a reason. Though not one i'm fond off.
    The pixel size limit is just to small, if i were to make the guns smaller i'd destroy most patterns and detail that makes them look like guns.
    Sometimes i managed to make them small enough and still retain some style of a gun, but like you said that didn't happen often.

They'd (chucklefish or reverse coders) would need to allow us to use more pixels in a gun for proper sizes to be possible. Till then, don't count on it to much.

5. Xotano

Xotano Subatomic Cosmonaut

well most the already in game guns seem to look reasonable for how few pixels they actually have, i'm sure you could find a way to shrink em a bit. also noticed that not all of the flamethrowers are insanely sized just most of them. i made a few of each type and it seems the normal fire ones tend to be oversized less often then the other three.

i don't really like it for the same reason i don't like being able to hold (much less swing) a sword as big as i am, never have been and never will be a fan of oversized weaponry.

i'v actually made quite a bit of sprites for some things in the game myself so i know how to pixel limit effects it, but you can still make AWESOME stuff with the limit.

6. EpicNomming

EpicNomming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hate myself...
    Spend ages searching for the revolver and minigun, can't find em. Make a new character, first chest has a revolver in it as well as a grenade launcher and assault rifle... Do the revolver and mingun spawn in sector X? I only got one on that character on my starting planet. D:

7. EpicNomming

SNIPER RIFLES AS A LINE WITH A SHORTER LINE ON TOP!
    :p
    :)

8. Wurmheart

Revolver/Minigun/Teslagun are intentionally kept as rare legendaries for now, rather like that you'd have to search for them atm.

Might need to look into a droprate increase though, i generally only find them on lowest tiers (which somehow has a higher drop chance for them) with a few exceptions.

9. EpicNomming

Yeah... I have opened too many chests to count in high tier, and only found that one in tier 1. Kinda sad. They do need a bit of a drop increase.

10. gtdcarthage

gtdcarthage Void-Bound Voyager

I absolutely can't play without this mod on, which vastly improves upon guns and their varieties. I've been playing with it for some time now so I believe some things need to be mentioned:

-I'm currently somewhat concerned about the overall balancing of things - mostly just regarding assault rifles, which seem to be rather powerful. I've picked up a large variety of guns and found assault rifles, and their plasma counter-parts, almost always have DPS ranges that go up to 10K or more while pistols can only cope up to about 2-4K. Is this intentional? (Because, arguably, assault rifles only hitting one critter with a heavy-damage-on-single-target focus is mostly excusable.) I'm just wondering if this is intentional by design or a potential oversight.

-Is this mod counter-compatible with the Advanced Weaponizer mod? I don't mind having to go around on my own turning stuff on or off to make things work but I definitely prefer to set things straight rather than experiment with combinations of features to meddle with.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/advanced-weaponizer.1935/

-I'd also like to ask a bit about inherent rarity levels for weapons - I've found on repeated occasions white T10 weapons with stronger DPS performance than their purple T10 counter-parts. RNG is RNG or is something perhaps amiss?

11. Wurmheart

-It's a side product of their high rof, their energy consumption is deliberately high but dps does not take that into calculation. Actual dps should be considerably lower because of that. The actual performance should be on par with other weapons (though it's more of a burst fire weapon atm).
    -Not quite compatible, my mod needs the treasure files to get the altered weapons to show up. That mod also alters that. You can try to combine the treasure files though, then it should work.
    -Common guns have a slightly higher rate of fire, with rare guns having a slower rate of fire but often some special effect to make up for it. It's intentional so that all guns are all equal ish grounds.

12. gtdcarthage

That makes a good amount of sense, especially with the burst fire versus 'ratatat' kind of role for assault rifles. Gun discipline good! Thanks for the answers!

13. EpicNomming

I have both mods, and I have had 0 problems... I think. I usually craft most of my guns, but I have still been finding shotguns and stuff with the custom bullet types. By the way, I agree that this mod seriously improves on the otherwise seriously lacking guns in starbound.

14. gtdcarthage

Both mods are apparently cross-compatible, after my own experiences. I did, however, find out that if you simply leave the treasure files as-is, Advanced Weaponizer equipment will spawn more often since they have a larger spawn chance in their treasure files. I balanced it out by making Advanced Weaponizer's stuff similar to rare guns (and made the hybrid spears as common as standard swords).

15. Wurmheart

And added 2 minor changes, the dropbox link has been updated for it.

Removed the amount of burning dmg from fragmentedlaser shotgun ammo, it caused the dmg to be multiplied by 5 instead of being set to 5. it should now deal 6 burning dmg a tick.
    Changes the legandary gun drop rates from 0.0010, 0,0012 and 0,0015 into 0,002. Hopefully that will make it slightly better.

Is the merger function working better now a days then? i do know i ran into player.config issues even with merger, but would be nice if that was fixed entirely. Either way nice to hear it does work with that mod in question.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  16. EpicNomming

Yeah, that's true.... After i installed its new update, I found so many mega blasters. I still love both of these mods.

17. Otata

Otata Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another frame issue to report

Code:
    Error: Could not load /projectiles/guns/flamethrower/phosphor/phosphor.png:10 asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame 10 in frames spec /projectiles/guns/flamethrower/phosphor/phosphor.frames

More or less, frames 9 and 11 are affected as well.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  18. Wurmheart

Thanks for the report, it should be fixed now. frames 9,10 and 11 were undefined (missing) in the .frames file so i just added them back in.

19. Wurmheart

And unfortunately this seems to be end for this my mod on this particular site.

I'd like to thank everyone that liked, used, gave ideas and otherwise helped with creating my mod. it was a lot of fun creating it in this way.
    Unfortunately not everything goes as planned, and not everyone has good intentions.

From now on, my mod can be found on:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/av8c5fd1ua6vwzj/MMNgun.7z
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubtcmlkj42ozq0z/MMNgun.zip
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/324/?
    https://github.com/Wurmheart/Ammo-Overhaul

Before i continue, i would like to warn you that this is mostly a unhappy story about my personal dealings with Chucklefish. If you're not interested or don't wish to potentially lose faith in chucklefish then i advise you to not click the spoiler.

As you might have known, my mod was one of the more popular mods during the reddit "what mod do you want to see incorporated round"

[​IMG]

I was contacted in that regard on January the 20th by Molly, and on the 22th i got reply back from her. Obviously i was quite happy with how it turned out and at that point i wanted my mod included.
    After some trivial talk and me sharing my credentials (sorry but i censored it just in case) i received a agreement, i didn't pay as much attention to the fine print as i should have, i did find the nda unnecesary but hey i was new to contributor agreements i didn't know what to expect.
    I signed it, taking a leap of faith that it wouldn't bite me in the ass. After all i was merely giving them free content, surely it wouldn't matter that much.
    I didn't hear from them for another 2 months, while majority of the first month i was busy anyway with improving my mod i started to get worried in late February.
    Wasn't i supposed to hear from them by now? Or did they simply forget all about it? Or they were just busy, i didn't know.
    In March i decided to leave messages via the pm function, one to molly and one a bit later to tiy.
    Getting fed of of not hearing anything, i leaked the convo out of anger to 4chan. it wasn't one of my best moves, but i was pissed off about not speaking about it for so long.
    I also informed a few others along the way, mostly those that were fans of my mod.
    Those didn't work, so i left a message in her own thread regarding a news update. Merely stating she likely forgot something.
    That finally did get their attention.

The rest is pretty much it, they looked at the mod again, were supposedly working on it and i only heard back today when i wanted to discuss the legality of the agreement.
    Which as far as i can find it hasn't any, it lacks something called consideration. Which means both sides of the agreement/contract have to gain something of worth for it to be legally binding.

Either way i'm mostly pissed off about these aspects:
    -Lack of communication, let's face i probably would have heard nothing back from them if i didn't contact them again.
    -Lack of appreciation, no thank you or not even keeping me informed regarding what's happening to my mod is a pretty darn low bar to set.
    -The agreement, read it for yourself:
    How it's worded worries me, which probably could have been cleared up if there was better communication between cf and me. I didn't know what i could or couldn't speak off, the the first part of the nda seems quite wide in grasp.

As such i'm making a pre-emptive move, by explaining my actions, hints and relocating this mod to other sites.

And i admit i haven't handled it overly well myself, i started talking about it publicly after 2 months.
    I did inform those i contacted when i finally got contact with cf, despite that could be considered breaking the nda. I felt responsible for that rumor and i wanted to correct it. I will not apologize for that.

I did talk about this with a select few people on this site, and i'd like to thank them for listening to me. Personally i was rather torn on giving cf a chance instead of speaking out against what i know to be a problem.

In the end modding sb was just a hobby, something to enjoy. After what has happened i simply don't enjoy it anymore.
    So it's time for me to move on, and to find something else to to do with my spare time.

To anyone that has mods of their own, be careful with what you sign and be careful with to who you sign it over.
    I'd like to assume how they treated me was a unfortunate exception, but i just can't be sure.

Thank you all for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  20. Wurmheart

This mod has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.