1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

An Addition to the item logs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ifrit, May 17, 2013.

1. Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Hey there
    An idea I had which could be cool, is to say in the item log how the items stack with each other, for example with the golden gun it would say that with stacking it would reduce the amount of gold to reach the max damage with it. it doesn't have to give us the specific parentage or anything, but it would be a nice simple addition to the logs which could clear up some confusion.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Whereas it would clear up confusion, I'm happy with having at least a little mystery left to the game. By playing enough, you'll discover fairly soon how Items stack upon themselves; you could always look up community-made guides if you're really curious (Wiki?).

• Engio

Engio Space Penguin Leader

I agree. The idea doesn't sound bad but does sound like something I wold prefer in a wiki. It is always good for intricate details of items to be known and accessible for people who want to enjoy the game in that way but for me personally discovering how the items work is part of the fun along with seeing and dealing with new kinds of enemies.

Shrooblord likes this.
        • Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

I'm not saying it needs to be detailed :p

• Engio

Engio Space Penguin Leader

Oh I am not saying having all the numbers is the issue. But I personally would like to figure out how items work (besides the bare minimum description of the main effect) for myself.

Shrooblord likes this.