Modding Discussion An Avali AI Chip mod for the Customizable AI Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Autumn_Fawn, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Autumn_Fawn

Autumn_Fawn Space Hobo

I noticed a lack of an Avali SAIL, besides the vanilla one, showing nothing more than the triple feathers icon (I remember there was a name for it but I don't know what.). And the mod author made it quite easy to make a new chip with a lot of customization, and with my knowledge of art, I want to fill that void. Thing is, I'm not entirely sure how well received/wanted it is, so I'm trying to see if I can't get other opinions. And perhaps if anyone has like major ideas, and even wants to help out, I'd love that too of course.

I've made a WIP design already, her name is Ketini (tell me if you have a nicer sounding name too)
    Keep in mind her sprite is almost 2x the resolution of the A.V.I.A.N. ai. AND she is two-tone, rather than one like most SAILs are. The reason being is that I though it'd better represent the female Avali usually having two-tone stripey feathers.
    ketiniportrait100x.png

2. Autumn_Fawn

Autumn_Fawn Space Hobo

I don't know how forums work, but I assume it's okay to post an update in the replies.
    I've made the blink animation frames: Ketiniblink.gif
    Right now I'm having trouble getting it to display any of these tho, I hope that's not a result of it being 100x100 rather than 90x94. I'll update again once I figure it out
    Update, 11:27 AM, same day: Got it to work. Accidentally capitalized the I in idle when naming the frames. Also 100x100 does seem to work, but it cuts some of the top and right out of it, gonna see if that's possible to fix
    Update, 6:44 pm, same day: It seems to be literally impossible, at least for me. If it is possible, I'd have to mess with a bunch of values in the gui coding to see what does what, and it's kinda hard to tell. And there are a lot of them too, it could also cause incompatibility with mods that change that interface, like FU.
    Was also trying to find a way to make a unique scanline for this chip, I was quite close. But ultimately, after searching a while, I couldn't find what defined the values in aidata in the aichip.item file. As such I'm unable to check, and possibly add new values.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021