Modding Help An SDV-related C# tutorial?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TheRaven81, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm told constantly that if I want to learn to mod for SMAPI, I need to learn to code in C#. The thing is, I've tried many times, but as I go along, I don't have any projects to do that are relevant to my end goal - learning for SDV. I can take the code and make a calculator or a spreadsheet or whatever else. But that doesn't help me in coding for SDV.

So what I am asking for, is a C# tutorial for someone with zero coding experience, that has SDV-related projects with it, so that we can do those projects to practice and help solidify what we are learning in a specific area of the lesson. Projects that can show us how what we are learning relates to SMAPI, and how we can make it work for our benefit.

I obviously can't do this, because i don't have much coding experience. But those that do, and CAN code for SMAPI, could all collaborate on this, for the people that want to learn. What is your opinion on this?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • TheWolfsGhost

TheWolfsGhost Orbital Explorer

This is a fantastic idea! Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. Just a little bit of coding knowledge but no idea how to apply it to coding mods for SDV using SMAPI... I'll keep looking and be sure to let you know if I find anything :)