RELEASED Animal Husbandry Mod (former Butcher Mod) [v2.4.1]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Oct 9, 2017.

1. lolghoti

lolghoti Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I have a crash report, the same game was running fine with no changes in my mod setup for a couple of days, but now reliably crashes when saving (going to bed) on the same day. https://smapi.io/log/J4pB0k0M

The game does not crash when saving if the vanilla executable is launched instead of SMAPI, or if the Animal Husbandry mod is deleted from the Mods folder.

The game crashes with the exact same errors even when the only mods are installed are Animal Husbandry and its requirements (MailFramework, PyTK) https://smapi.io/log/hsmw4BtG

I have included the crash log and a zip of the savegame state which causes the crash.

-edit-

As per discussion on the Nexus Mods forum https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1538?tab=posts&BH=1, this crash is caused by a contest-winning animal code interacting with autograbber code.

If you are getting a similar crash, disabling the bonus ( "DisableContestBonus": true in config.json) fixed my crash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    • AS8987000

AS8987000 Void-Bound Voyager

中文翻译

Chinese Translation

Attached Files:

• zh.zip
          File size:
          18.7 KB
          Views:
        Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
      • ticklemeskittles

ticklemeskittles Space Hobo

Do you have to buy your animals somewhere else now? I can't purchase any and I have a coop built.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

No, this mod does not change that. It's probably another mod causing it.

• ch0opera

ch0opera Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Digus, thanks a million for all your hard work on this AH mod. I've been having a hard time finding more info online for it, although I've read thru the guides posted on Nexus and any avail reddit threads I could find. Specifically, I am looking for item ID numbers for the feeding basket & insemination syringe. I have the CJB item spawner but neither item seems to be in the inventory. I really want to be able to get more than one basket in order to facilitate daily treats for all my animals (pets, coop, barn). It’s kind of a drag running around and switching out the foods to take care of my brood.
            I am V new to computer games and codey stuff like mods, but I also tried to find the info in the files (the place with the black background and lots of text). When I opened the biggest one (in notepad, I think) all the text was in indecipherable shapes font. Sorry for the poor descriptions.
            In the meantime, I installed the custom crystalarium mod (that's yours too, isn't it?) in the hopes of cloning the basket. We'll see if that works out...

Would you also consider making something like the farm computer designed for better animal husbandry? I'd love a space to view my animal inventory... # of chicks, ducks, rabbits, sheep, cows, etc. Maybe even their names? I know that the info is displayed for each animal when you interact with it (the visual indicators are v helpful, kudos) but I'm looking for the convenience of viewing the whole farm lot in one space if possible. Even per building would be great. So I could see at a glance what all of my animals need.
            Also, I just switched to "Soft mode" but the special meat wand never arrived. Must I reinstall the mod again? Will this disrupt my animal progress? I guess they're essentially the same tool just different appearances so it doesn't really matter too much.

Thanks again for creating this awesome project. SdV really needed a rework to better enhance animals and the ranching lifestyle. Can't wait to enter my first animal contest later this year. Cheers!