Race Animus Weavers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zain Hallows, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

NOTE! if this mod wont be made by the devs, then this will be a mod :DD
    Name

Animus Weavers
    (Soul Weavers)

History
    The Animus started out like regular silk worms, on a lush and green marsh planet. they lived as simple creatures in the beginning, until a bright streak across the sky hit their planet, with a flash of light. thousands of the worms swarmed around the perfectly spherical ball of light. for ten years they engulfed the light with their bodies. the light fed them and kept them alive. after ten years passed, their bodies and minds grew vastly, but the light dimmed and the newly sentient Animus began the transition to independence, and the process of becoming a functioning society. took many many years of trying and failing, but the finally began to understand the workings of how a true society works. they built towers and floating lands to build upon so they didn't damage the forest below. and soon they had massive cities that floated on these huge floating landmasses. their unstoppable need for knowledge is the most important things to the Animus. they soon knew everything about their planets, so eventually they came across a passing by ship of unknown origin, so they stole it, studied it, and used their wisdom to create their own ships to explore the universe! the government decided to form colonies across the universe to collect knowledge. and that's where the players adventures out!

Technological Advancement
    the Animus are fairly advanced, but in the sense of magics. they use their endowed silks to create books, staffs, and robes with "magical powers" in order to preform attacks, defend or conjurer.
    because of this magic, they can do tasks like jumping, picking up rocks and building intricate buildings.

Hostility
    Animus are like monks when it comes to how they feel about other species. as long as nobody's in their way, they couldn't care less what race/tribe your from.

well known facts
    Animus are mostly against technology form other races, but will use it if necessary.
    there are few Animus who feel that the government is wrong, so they take up arms using tech from other races to enrage the government.
    Animus love to dig intricate and complex tunnels on the planet below, but never dig under their buildings.
    Animus have been known for their general neutrality, but also for wisdom
    in the center of all Animus cities there is a magic academy.
    in the academy there is a huge vault near the bottom of the floating island where there is a huge hoard of gold, diamonds, and most of all, crystals.

Historical/Defining/Notable moments
    the finding of the orb of souls

stealing ships for interstellar travel and study.

The Good
    Magic!
    Alliances? they are natural to all. and so far they haven't actually met any race they hate...yet.
    teleportation, small transmutation and telepathy

The Bad
    the weaver war of 2056, which was started from an argument about who had the better magic. and ended with many lost, few argued that same prospect again, and is now considered offensive to say your magic is better then anybody elses.
    no invasions of any kind
    The great purge, where nearly all the Animus were wiped out by the common cold.
    no natural disasters.
    one of the major resources of the Animus was depleted in their early development, this resource was the wood of the great soul trees, their wood was as white as milk, and they easily transferred magic form body to the the world.

Race/Player Sprites
    A basic representation of what the race looks like: they are worm like, they have 6 legs which they use to walk, they have on pair that's not used (shown resting on their torso) they also have two basic hands, with three fingers on each.
    How the genders differ? they don't, they are unisex. meaning, no differences in sex.
    Its approximate height in pixels : 27

Size Chart
    [​IMG]

Colors!
    [​IMG]
    (note! there are plenty more colors, these are just examples!)

Gear!
    [​IMG]
    This is the tier one armor for the Animus! its a basic magic silk robe, there many colors of this robe, but most do the same thing.

[​IMG]
    Here we have an example of iron wood plate armor, one of the more...durable armors the Animus produced.
    along side of the armor is the Iron wood mage staff.
    (note! the green is only an example, the color that goes their will be the aura color you chose when creating a Animus weaver)

Decoration
    [​IMG]
    this is one of them many many floating objects found in the buildings of the Animus.
    (Note! will also change color depending on the closest Animus' aura color.
    I.E., if your Animus has a light blue aura the glow will change to that color.
    Super note, they are only effected by players, and not npcs!

more coming soon :D
    (body heavily based on Genji the pollen prophet! but everything else was my idea :3)

2. Zain Hallows

damn right :DD!

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Zain Hallows

don't you worry about that xP it will get in one way or another

Mr. Bubbles and WoxandWarf like this.
  4. Zain Hallows

bumpy bump
    seems like nobody really wants to play as this race D: so I guess ima put it to sleep then....

5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Do they get to evolve into butterflies maybe?

6. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

I'd surely play that race if I could. It would give a whole different feeling to your play to have a worm as a main character. The face/mouth is a bit weird tho, doesn't look like anything; I'd change that. What I really love with them is the way they move, it really puts you in the skin of a caterpillar. I wish you good luck with your suggestion my friend.

7. Zain Hallows

I have been playing with the idea of becoming a butterfly/moth

thanks :DD his mouth/face thing is actually just a mouth. I based this race off of this guy

8. Meant to comment earlier, but was busy.
    The sprites are good. However, I believe the story could be 'fleshed-out' a bit more. Like, how did they build these alleged floating islands? Their transition into space is rather rough as well. Magic is also questionable, considering the sci-fi nature of the game. Additionally, you may need to proofread your post a bit. Most of the sentences start off not capitalized, making it incosistent. A few run-on sentences here and there too.

Lastly, the highlight on this armor could be darkened a bit more. Would make the arms stand out a bit more since from a distance, it looks like its bound to the armor.
    [​IMG]

Zain Hallows likes this.
  9. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I want to hug one. is that aloud?

10. Zain Hallows

*cough cough* well I guess I will start with the floating islands. Basically the orb of light which gave them powers also seeped the magical energy into the ground, mostly things like the soul wood trees. BUT there are places where the ground was so soaked with magical energy, that it became very easy to manipulate. Meaning, making it levitate is just one spell, and it lasts forever.
    I know magic doesn't seem to fit this game, but it isn't that far fetched xD and why not? its fun :DD!
    as for their transition into space xD yeah it was rushed. to be honest by that point I felt that the race was a bit too...distant from other races, and that would be no fun, so I deiced to add a bit on conflict in there so they seem apart of the universe.
    as I have stated in the past, im no writer xD I just tell the story as if I was talking it. I know some don't like it...so I will fix that sooner or later.

okay I will fix that asap :DD! thanks for your awesome post man!

11. Zain Hallows

so much yes :DD but they bite.

Nirn likes this.
  12. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I got a shell for that.

13. Zain Hallows

well I think you would be more interested in the huge pile of crystals in their vault :DD which by the way they stole from your ship.

14. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

[​IMG]

15. Zain Hallows

this is amazing :DD

Nirn likes this.
  16. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

aw thanks, another note, will there be any updates on your little worm fellas? I wanna know more about them.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  17. Zain Hallows

:O updates...yes I still have much to do, but the release of the road map has eclipsed my whole life xD
    BUT I do need to make vehicles...more weapon examples...ect :DD I will get onto them as soon as I'm not obsessing over the road map

Nirn likes this.
  18. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Awesome, i really look forward to it!

Zain Hallows likes this.
  19. Zain Hallows

im glad you like it so much :DD I worked hard on them, and SOON...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON there will be worm people in starbound :boo:

Nirn likes this.
  20. Zain Hallows

So i've been away for a bit :rofl:
    but I do have an update or two...really just a fact or two about the Animus

The counsel of 6
    it is well known that on the main home world, there is a huge floating city, and then in the center of this city lies one of the most important buildings, the great magic academy. this huge multileveled tower is home to one of the most well kept secrets, the Counsel of 6, the 6 over see all magic in the universe...they act as a conduit for the universe, flowing magic all over...but this isn't their main purpose, they actually protect the Animus' most treasured
    thing...the Great matriarch. she is fabled to be the next level of existence for the animus, but only one can exist at a time. so she is worshiped like a god.

so yah...I will fix this up, but I wanted to get it out there xD i'm kinda sick, so i'm sorry if this is really like...nonsense

PICS :DD

OBSIDIAN MAGMA ANIMUS
    [​IMG]

Hair style examples~!
    [​IMG]

Nirn and WoxandWarf like this.