RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

We are, Gav and I have some bug fixes lined up for an update but he wanted to wait until this patch drops to get everything done in one go. I don't have an ETA on that obviously as the patch hasn't hit yet but it's something Gav and I plan on updating for.

Bonabopn likes this.
    • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

great! thanks to you two c:

Blanchard likes this.
      • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Blanchard likes this.
      • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

We've got the new update for SV now. Gav and I have a list of the base changes we need in the art department from the new update. I've got to finish combing through dialogue files to see what CA did. No ETA just yet but we'll keep you posted.

Bonabopn likes this.
        • Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Gav, Blanchard, anyone else working on this still :)

It's been a while. I'm working part time again and stable in some way. On vacation now through Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays to you all.

Was gunna play through SDV 1.4 update with friends in vanilla, but perhaps on the side it'd be best to keep informed here on what's up, since this is my favorite mod. If there's something I could do to help, I'm gunna have to familiarize myself with the modding parts again, but look forward to and rooting for your guys' success either way.

Blanchard likes this.
          • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Thank you so much for keeping this mod updated. Truly appreciate the work that has been put into this!

Blanchard and Bonabopn like this.
            • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

We've just updated the base replacer version of ACC. It should be functional but if you run into bugs after updating both SV and ACC let me know. Huge thank-you to Gaveliere for all the hard work.

NOTE: The Genderswaps DO NOT WORK yet. We have to update those separately and it's an ordeal all its own. It will take a little time, please be patient.

If anyone has experience with Content Patcher and is willing to help me out please let me know.

Thank you and enjoy!

Krystedez likes this.
              • Krystedez

I'll be testing it on my own file and in multiplayer sporadically. Will let ya know of any weird issues, thanks you guys. What the hell... So quick. Much love guys.

Blanchard likes this.
                • Lorien

Lorien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! I really love this mod and, as a pixel artist, I've been working on creating some "alternate" furry artwork for it for my own game ~ for now, that includes bachelor sleeping sprites that are actually wearing bedclothes like the bachelorettes (no idea why only the girls get bedclothes by default??), and also an alternate Krobus trenchcoat portrait. I was wondering if I could maybe help out or at least hand some of my work (which is of course edits of existing sprites) over to those of you that are running the mod? I wanna share with the community!

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Gav said he'd like to see what you've made first but it's probably fine. You can either send them directly to him on Twitter @Gavelly or you can just post them here.

• Bonabopn

this is unrelated, but i haven't been able to get the other furry mod (Anthro Farmer) working, so my farmer still looks human. does anyone have any nice up-to-date Farmer replacement skins to go with this mod? preferably something with cute ears?

• Lorien

Lorien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Blanchard alright! gonna stick it here, in a spoiler:

I know that the sleeping sprites of characters are barely even visible due to the blanket but for roleplay purposes, I wanted something that made more sense. Also fitted the trenchoat for Krobus
                        [​IMG]

Blanchard likes this.
                        • Bonabopn

not sure if this is a bug with the mod or the game, but while in was in the bar on friday, Lewis' drinking animation seemed glitched. it was like there was a static sprite of him behind his animated sprite. i think i saw it on Robin and Demetrius dancing, too.

also, the travelling merchant appears human. am i wrong in remembering there was a replacement for them already?

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

We're having a lot of issues popping up that might be caused by the repacker we were using screwing up sprites, doing weird stuff like adding a single red dot into our snow texture, stuff like that. We're working on fixing as fast as we can but it's a fair few fires to put out all at once. I haven't run into these specific bugs but I'm willing to bet it's a similar issue. I'll let you guys know when a fix is ready.

Bonabopn likes this.
                            • Krystedez

I'll be looking into Content Patcher. I'd really like to help, and though it may be limited programming or whatever (it looks like mostly just scripting the json files to point to the right stuff), if you guys have advice on it, I'd love it. I really don't mind straight replacing the files, but my Chief mod's dialogue changes don't work well. Specifically for his book-reading event (it literally freezes). I need help with dialogue replacement options with Content Patcher before I do that. Are there any of the sort for this or was there any intended? Especially Genderswap.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty Content Patcher illiterate still unfortunately. All of the dialogue type edits I had to do by hand in the strings files.

We've got a fix ready, will be up in a couple of hours. Gav worked his butt off and it should fix all discolored or broken sprites, but after the fix is out please let me know if you run into anything else that seems off with the mod specifically. I'll edit this post as soon as it's out.

Update: The bugs should be squashed now, give it a redownload if you haven't already!

Gav and I love these~ He wanted to know if he could make some small edits to your sprites for the mod proper and include them in the full mod as a feature. (Sorry for the late reply @Lorien Gav and I were busy running around screaming trying to fix all the bugs that cropped up with the new release)

In other news the mod should be fixed now everybody, please redownload it if you haven't already and reinstall. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020
                                  Bonabopn likes this.
                                • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Did you find one? The only one I can find that might work (Haven't tested it) is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2561 which I don't really wanna use because it seems complicated and doesn't have the options I want anyway (Bear!) so I was hoping there was an alternative aha.
                                  If I can't find one by the time I get the rest of my game modded I had planned to do what I did when I made the original anthro farmer mod work with get dressed.

• vivavictoria

vivavictoria Void-Bound Voyager

Hello - for the redownload do you mean the main ACC file on Page 1? Or Nexus Mods? Sorry for my confusion! Edit - I see the XNB update on Nexus Mods, but was hoping for the CP version. Is that somewhere else? Thank you :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
                                    • Krystedez

V
                                      At this time it looks like Content Patcher isn't available because we're all scratching our heads at how to contribute one. I'll be looking into it unless that Sabs / Fyn / etc come back to contribute it again.

• vivavictoria

vivavictoria Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, thank you! I'll stay tuned.