1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Any complaints?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Wa.luigi.time, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound is by no means perfect and I want to do something about it.
    If you have any complaints about the lack of design that went into a mechanic or a simple oversight you can list them here.
    I'll try to use my EXTREMELY limited modding skills to fix them or maybe the devs will do it after reading this.
    If you have modding experience and want to make something from here I would highly encourage it.
    Maybe it can be added to my dumb list that probably won't last long: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1999059939

Some examples for game design stuff:
    Not enough reward for colonisation even though it's treated as a selling point for the game.
    a way to access some pro tips for stuff like combat would be nice.

Some examples for oversights:
    Why are there no chest sorting buttons? (The best mods for it also turn everything into a shulker box which is rather unbalanced)
    Why doesn't swamp water give you the wet buff?

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

*Any complaints?"

It's more like at the level "riot" now. But here is mine, I think it will overwhelm you though. But then again, yes, here is mine.

More Advance Features on Crews, NPCs, and Others

If you like it, please support it. All kind of help is appreciated, especially in making the devs to hear it.

It's not in question like yours though, it's more like suggestions, but yeah, it's some stuffs I've been listing all these times, that I believe will enhance Starbound. I really really wish Starbound has it

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Wa.luigi.time likes this.
  3. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was just thinking about crew members!
    My biggest pet peeves with them are:
    Tailor crew member is too rare (I'm assuming it still exists)
    A civilian that wants to join your crew will never return to their normal npc or tenant behaviour even if you decline them 30 times.

I have also noticed:
    Some popular legendary weapons like my all time favourite, the drill spear, can't be upgraded at the ancient forge.
    The descriptions for the planet models are hilariously bad. (Spelling mistakes aside, why would they be terraforming Mars so many years in the future if we're planning on doing it ASAP?)

I tried to make a mod that adds the wet buff to swamp water but then I realised that normal water also doesn't have that effect... It's just the rain

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
    Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Wa.luigi.time Please note that stacking posts is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

The | Suit likes this.
  5. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, you made me an idea! Why don't they just put an additional buttons in the recruit notification? A third button, a button that will allow us to reject the recruitable NPCs, and send them back to their normal life, depends on what they are before, normal civilian or settlement guard, or tenant. So, probably an NPC tenant that turns into recruitable NPCs will not cause the tenant device to pop off like before. So, the settlement will not be overcrowded with recruitable NPCs anymore. Neat and clean!

Wa.luigi.time likes this.
  6. Alehu

Alehu Space Hobo

If you could add in a "acquire all" button for looting containers and let crew members ride along with us in the hovercars, (and maybe add some more crew interaction) I'd be happy.

7. Daikon Ocelot

Couldn't agree more.

8. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

i simply LOVE reviving threads.

Anyways, how about making the whole game a little bit more lonely and scary? i've been also thinking of adding biomes to space. One of them is a ''Void river.'' Basically empty space shaped like a little stream of water in between star systems. Could be cool too if you required some proper gear to visit them too.

9. Daikon Ocelot

That would be awesome! Our character and our crews exploring the unknown universe, totally strange and unfamiliar. With no settlement to be found or interact with, but our crews. Venturing the ancient and unknown part of the universe, "Starbound: The Forgotten Part of the Universe."

Sorry for the weird idea. It suddenly pass in my head when I write this post.