Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

I usually listen to some soft classical music, with my preferences usually leaning towards string groups/solos/duets/etc. & piano. Though there was an occassion where I was writing a short sci-fi peace and I listened to the soundtrack of Portal & Portal 2...that was a weird time. :badpokerface: Anyways, I tend to prefer the softer stuff since it helps me think for some reason.

treebyriver likes this.
    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Mostly I listen to like emotional music no voices or my favorit youtuber Peter Hollens which really helps me write.

treebyriver likes this.
      • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

I listen to instrumentals mainly. Anything that can invoke feelings related to what I'm writing. Lately it's been the Stardew OST!

Speaking of, chapter 13 of Stardust is out now :D Lots of love for everyone! And it's almost 8,000 words so we have that going for us.

• Kastilla

Kastilla Poptop Tamer

Hello! So I jumped on the fanfiction bandwagon because Stardew Valley is the greatest and I couldn't not write about it. I had a simple little one-shot adventure in my head about the farmer rescuing Abigail from the mines, but as I was writing, Sam insisted on coming along and it ended up also being a little about her and Sam's relationship. I had a lot of fun writing it and will probably post it maybe here and on fanfiction.net tomorrow, after I give it one more proof-read.
          I've started reading a few of y'all's fics and am looking forward to reading more!
          Any advice on formatting? Are indentations impossible/uncommon in net-posted lit?

• InvaderRoxas

@Kastilla Welcome to the SDV writing fam! Glad to have you here and can't wait to have a look-see at your work! :DD Unfortunately I'm no formatting guru so I'll leave the recommendations to the others, but happy to have you along for the ride!

Satashi26 and Kastilla like this.
            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Formatting depends on where you want to post it. You can indent it if you post it on the forum as a post, as long as you hit the "more options" thing next to the quick reply text box. That takes you to the full editor.

Other useful information could be that the default text size is 3, and that you can name a spoiler tags by doing this
              Code:
               [spoiler=Example] What you want in the hidden text goes here. [/spoiler] 
              Which looks like this:

What you want in the hidden text goes here.

Another bit of advice- if you ever do a multi-chapter fic, don't feel like you have to rush out a chapter. While readers (at least in this subforum) will be excited for a chapter soon, we usually would prefer that the writer not stress out about 'falling behind' or put out a chapter they don't like or is below what they would usually put out in quality because they felt pressured to get it out right away.

• Sandriel

Sandriel Void-Bound Voyager

I know lots of our writers get a thankfully posting now and then but i was thinking, why not thank all of you in this special thread?

So that is now i write this lines with a smile on my lips to thank you all for what you doing here. All stories are wonderful and i enjoy everyone i read so far.
                Thanks to the readers too, because i have seen a lot of warming and cheerfull posts. I understand what a writer feels when they read the lines that you are posting.

So i will stay a little longer. Maybe i should say i stick and don't leave this subforum for a long time. Because this as a whole made my day everytime. Special Thanks to you two @Satashi26 and @Lanx12 without your stories i may never had read the fanfic of others or find this subforum and stay here.

That is all i wanted to say and now i wish all of you a good day and lots of spirit to write and / or read the work of others.
                And forgive me for my maybe bad english i only learned it on school as a foreign language.:3
                *bow for you with a smile*

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

*bows respectfully* I thank you and I'm glad you enjoy our fanficitons i'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that it makes us happy to bring joy to our readers.

Sandriel likes this.
                  • Kastilla

Kastilla Poptop Tamer

• Satashi26

@Kastilla Welcome! I'll read your story as soon as I can get some time :D I'm glad you came to join us!

Kastilla likes this.
                    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Chapter 12 is up and I'm working on 13 guys mwhahahaha -steams away-

InvaderRoxas, Sandriel and Satashi26 like this.
                      • InvaderRoxas

@Lanx12 I gotta catch up on your fanfic! :idea: Luckily I've got some time to day so I should be able to read the chapters I've missed. Really like where it's going so far, that much I can say!

All you guys making progress on your works is really helping me stay focused on my own fanfic. I might actually be able to shell out a chapter earlier than I expected!

Lanx12 and Satashi26 like this.
                        • Satashi26

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

So guys...Guess what...I finished my book Soooo now its a wait and see game ... So I wont be active for a little bit but I will be writing chapters for the fan fic just...got realy really busy now...

Also glad to see your still keeping Focused @InvaderRoxas

Satashi26, InvaderRoxas and Sandriel like this.
                          • Satashi26

@Lanx12 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@thread: Chapter 14 of Stardust is up. I've had a really REALLY hard week this week. Lots of family trouble and I've been on an emotional rollercoaster. But I hope you guys enjoy. It's 5,000 words, so a little shorter than last few chapters, but still pretty good =^_^= 100% Leah love. Also Thoighs over on Tumbler did a really awesome picture of Kim in her green lingerie! I can't post it because it's not safe for work ( It's underwear after all! ) but if you want to follow them on tumblr, be sure to leave an ask and say Satashi sent you! They're super super nice and draw lots or request from the Stardew fandom. They DO post some NSFW stuff so yeah... not going to link them because I don't want anyone to accidentally click or some young one to not understand what it means and see something they shouldn't... But anyway yeah, that made me happy ^_^

Pudassassin and Lanx12 like this.
                            • Keridan

Keridan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there! Been a while since I posted here! I've been quite busy since my last update, multiple stories and chapter updates, as well as a new mini-series. I decided to make my works all in one mega-thread, called "Tahalika's Writing Corner."

I hope to get feedback with my work, and I hope my work is enjoyable. I'll try to keep it much more up-to-date now.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So I figure I may as well explain that there is a delay on the next chapter of my fic- it is in progress, but I... Managed to injure myself in a fairly baffling way. I'll explain it this way, while I can't confirm the rumor about fingers being as easy to bite in half as carrots, I can confirm that the human jaw can exert enough force to possibly break a finger. I can also confirm that having to pry your own jaw off of your own finger is quite unpleasant.

On the plus side, said finger is still attached, so I'll take what I can get on that front.

So fic is still in the works (even have a title in mind) just very slowed because typing... Isn't the most pleasant thing right now.

Satashi26 likes this.
                                • Satashi26

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Long story short, jaw muscle spasmed while eating a finger food, and shut around the first bit of my finger like a bear trap. Had to pry my jaw open to get it out. Barely broke the skin, but I possibly broke the first finger bone of my middle finger, or just severely bruised it. I don't know which, and since it's such a relatively minor injury, I'm more concerned about finding and fixing whatever caused it. Which could have been either a jaw infection that is now becoming apparent, or just a side effect from my general health issues.

For the most part, it just makes typing painful, but it compounds the more I type so I'm having to limit that.

Basically my body is a poorly wired mess and I would like to discuss the inadequate quality with life's manager.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

-pokes head in- Hey guyyssss.... -coughs- Soooooo I'm back for a bit >_> Been a stressful few days buutttttt I'm aliveeeee some how o.o just wanted to say HIIII while I'm working on some chapters

Satashi26 likes this.