Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Keridan

Keridan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello mates, updated my master post with a few updates. Decided to dabble in some Shane stuff, I'd like feedback on how I do with him, since I'm new with writing his character.

Satashi26 likes this.
    • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome back, @Lanx12 !
      @Tahalika did you see someone liked a merman Elliott in another thread? :D

• Satashi26

Chapter 15 is up. Whoa, it was nuts getting it out! I spent most of weekend coding my more dialog mod ( gave Abigail 28 new lines for Spring!) so I wrote all 6,000 words of this in the span of two nights! And man is it a nice chapter, in my opinion! Some serious love in the chapter :D

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I've been rushing about from doctor appointment to doctor appointment because of the jaw snapping shut on my finger thing, plus other ones. See the doctor about the finger tomorrow, and will probably end up getting an x-ray to see if it is bruised, broken, or outright shattered. So no time to write even if I could tolerate writing more than a few minutes at a time. I figure at this point I may as well keep you all updated on it, until someone tells me to shut up. :V

In the meantime, it means I get to read all the things.

InvaderRoxas and Satashi26 like this.
          • treebyriver

treebyriver Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say you guys are awesome. This thread made me smile on page one, and it's great to see so many stories growing!

Thanks for taking the time to write :).

Here's my story seed: The New Farmer.

Now off to read more things!

InvaderRoxas and Satashi26 like this.
            • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

@treebyriver Hey there, thanks for joining us! Glad to hear our works have been delightful, and I look forward to reading your story as well! :DD

treebyriver likes this.
              • Satashi26

A new member to the writing family! Hi and welcome! <3 <3 <3 I hope to see lots from you! ^_^

You updated! <3

treebyriver and InvaderRoxas like this.
                • InvaderRoxas

@Satashi26 Haha, funny story about that--I totally have forgotten to update my fanfic in the forums, so I'm 4 days late over here when I posted back on Fanfiction.net & Wattpad back on the 20th. Whoops! :whoop:

treebyriver and Satashi26 like this.
                  • Satashi26

Soooo. Chapter 16 is up on Stardust. Just a little chapter. Definitely not over 9,000 words or anything. Kim love?

• DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to start a story set after my current playthrough. It would be 75% Slice of Life 24% humour 1% serious

• InvaderRoxas

That would be cool! :D The more writers the better!

Satashi26 likes this.
                        • Satashi26

do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

• treebyriver

treebyriver Void-Bound Voyager

@DaimoMac Post a link to the first part here - makes it easier to find :).

Satashi26 likes this.
                            • Rod&Root

Rod&Root Void-Bound Voyager

Yes and no?

I do write, but I don't have much in the way of ideas for SV. I was doing a story mostly as something to use as a script for a comic I was wanting to do.

• Satashi26

If you have anything Stardew related, we'd love to see it!

Rod&Root likes this.
                                • Rod&Root

Rod&Root Void-Bound Voyager

Mostly the few things I have are sketch designs for my farmer. :3

Trying to get the design down-pat in my mind so I can do it from memory without needing previous sketches.

Writing wise I may be able to do a few short stories, but I'm way out of practice on the wordcraft scene. :rofl:

Lanx12 and Satashi26 like this.
                                  • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

So...I..Am really excited right now...I'm being published online...So..That means more Fanfic for you alll !!! Motivation !!!

• Satashi26

GRATS!!!! Good job :D

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

does anyone have any advice on how they plan their fics out? And maybe how long something needs to be.

I've been wanting to do a story about my farmer, with different origins and circumstances than the game to keep things ~interesting~. But after the starting point, I'm left scratching my head. So I need a lil' bit of a push or motive, and I'm just wondering how you guys went about it.

i should look for those character memes and maybe do some bios, hehe

• Satashi26

I'm the WORST person to give advice, but I'll tell you what I do anyway in hopes that it can help or at least offer a different viewpoint

So first off, I don't plan. I don't have an outline or anything like that. I generally just write and see how it goes. This can be good or bad, depending. Sometimes it makes for semi-decent chapters and sometimes for really good ones. Just depends on how it goes XP So I just sit and write and let my characters do their things.

For length, I personally think 3,000 words is chapter worthy. Anything under is a little short, and anything over is a nice longer read. I also generally have pictures of the characters up on my screen somewhere . It's a nice thing to look at to really capture their personality.

SO! After you get your start, just keep going. You don't really need an overlaying plot or goal. A slice-of-life fic is just as entertaining as a well thought out one. Also I think you should try to stick to your genre as much as possible. People come to your story for that thing, and if you suddenly swap out you might lose readers. For example don't start hardcore action and in-depth story mode and then bring in bunnies named THE ULTIMATE DARK LORD because it'll throw them off. Instead, start with the bunny. Because bunny.