Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

@Lanx12 Lol, this is why I shouldn't type when so sleep deprived and under the effects of pain !medication to the point where I am essentially drunk.

I was actually asking if you would be getting your SDV fic while I try to work on mine, after I gets some sleep. The driving wheel ting was actually a metaphor for me being under the effects of lack of sleep and heavy duty (for my size) painkillers. It was more or less an attempt to warn that I've made comments about stuff that is completely irrational, but not known until the next morning. I inevitably sit there thinking, 'what was I even thinking last night?'

Mood swings suck, I agree. Especially when they are caused by the stuff that's supposed to be helping.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Yeah thats no problem beta all ya want. Sorry about the late post was setting up some new stuff on my profile page X3

• Voc

Voc Void-Bound Voyager

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Its all cool Voc. Welcome to the writers family X3

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome to the writer's family @Voc Glad to have you aboard!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Aye Indeed Sister Satashi how have you been. Just finished reading chapter 5 and 6 and I gotta say...its good...Really good :D

Satashi26 likes this.
            • Satashi26

I'm over whatever sickness that was plaguing me thankfully! And thank you! Not many people comment on it so it's really nice to hear something :D

I have tomorrow's chapter done, it has a looooooot of Leah love in it! I'm really excited to post it!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

You've just made me rough day awesome by hearing that ^^ I'm looking forward to reading it then. Provided I can kill of my new comic vice >> :D and awesome to hear your feeling better ^^

• Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

I've just been posting whenever it's finished. >> I haven't written anything today because I was working on something else, but I think I'll write later since the other thing failed semi-hard.

Lanx12 likes this.
                  • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Sorry to hear that @Slywyn If it make ya feel better I've got writers block on my current fan fiction and I can't figuer out a good ending to my new story that i've started....

• Slywyn

I wanted to write an SCP, if you don't know what that is, it's basically a creepypasta sort of wiki, but with a different angle. But according to the people who review new SCPs, it was 'boring', and 'bland' and wasn't 'gripping' and they didn't see what 'the point' was. The only complement I got before I finally left, between the 6 or so people berating me for how awful it was, was that my sentence structure 'wasn't terrible'.

It's here if you happen to want to give it a look.

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                      • Satashi26

@slywn I gave it a quick read. It looked like a documentation of an alien? I didn't really get any message you might have been trying to pass? I don't understand scp so it might have been lost on me. However I do think it could be in the file text portions of a resident evil game. Even though I didn't understand this as a story or really find it engaging (it was a little bland) I think a context around it would make it just right. In the right setting, like a semi blown up lab , with little to no ammo left, and finding these one by one in log books, I think it would set up a boss battle epicly well. On its own, though... Im sorry it was lost on me :(

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Well, I'm back from getting a CT scan that, of course, went awry. First it took four tries to get the IV needle in, with the first three not working despite the location is usually where people wind up having to draw my blood, then to get a working vein, she had to put the needle in the back of my hand. Then I get to the CT room itself, have to lay on my back with my arms up over my head-which was uncomfortable in it's own, because my joints dislocate to nvarious degrees at the slighest provocation- and then they go to start the IV.
                          Except that the IV came unscrewed, so I start bleeding pretty heavily (for the size of the wound) all over the floor and CT machine. So the technicians were freaking out trying to put the dye line back in the IV slot, trying to cut the tape off so they could fix the positioning of the needle from it being moved due to fixing the contrast lines and trying to keep the blood (which, again, was a pretty heavy amount, since the IV was positioned in a vein) off my clothes, their clothes, and limit what got on everything else.

Then a male nurse comes in while I am still bleeding, there's two CT technicians and a nurse with bloody gloves. He then asks in the most casual, unconcerned tone, "Do any of you know where Doctor So-and-so's files are?"

It was an interesting trip, even if where the IV was still bleeds occasionally, and everywhere a needle went hurts, the sheer ridiculouslness made it amusing at least

More on topic, got a bit of writing g in my story done, except it is a scene for a later chapter, and unfortunately I didn't get to start betaing Lanx's fic, so I'll do the first chapter once I've slept off the effects of today. I just decided to check the forum real quick to see if I missed a horrible amount of stuff, and since I was doing that I decided I may as well share the even now instead of post-nap.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Good lord I'm sorry to hear about that Never any fun when that happens. Anyway theres no rush to beta X3 I rather my family here gets healthy X3 Anyway guys I'm off to el doctors to have my arm looked at and a lovely...-shudders- MRI....Cya all tomorrow.

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Good luck with the MRI. Take earplugs! And I hope your arm is going to be able to heal with minimal fuss.

treebyriver likes this.
                              • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

@Ghostly Fox Oh dear, so sorry that you had to go through that! :( I've had my fare share of hospital mishaps and they are for sure not fun when they occur. Either way, can't wait to see what you write once it is finished! Take all the time you need too! :)

@Lanx12 Ditto with the earplugs. MRIs are preeeeeetty loud. :zombie:

@Slywyn I'm actually in the SCP/Creepypasta realm! :DD I'll check out what you wrote, as I love to read this type of stuff!

• Slywyn

I'm fine with it if it's not good.

What I'm not fine with was the reaction in the IRC where they spent a good 20 minutes tearing it apart and had absolutely nothing positive to say, and the only suggestion as to how to fix it was "Don't, and do something else".

• Satashi26

@Slywyn sorry I couldn't be better offering advice :(

@thread chapter 7 on my story Stardust is out :) Lots of Leah love in this one!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Mri is done..Offically tone death @_@ So hows everyone? Some of you have been on my mind. Anyway Gonna try to post a new chapter tomorrow but we'll see how that goes. Happy writing to you all

• Satashi26

@Lanx12 Hope it wasn't too bad today!

@Ghostly Fox That all sounds horrible D: I hope you're getting better!