1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any games like this?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gtaguy, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bomb

Bomb Title Not Found

Forum troll, you are not.

Because I don't see trolling anywhere.

2. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

The thread itself was the troll all along!

3. Kraiten

Kraiten Guest

4. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you suggesting the thread is sentient?

An on topic note: I don't think you could find a game like this one, I'd say that it's like Spore and Terraria were to be fused together, and then altered and improved with a bit extra plopped on top of it.

5. Spike

Spike Supernova

So Starbound will be like spore in terms of evolution? Or you play it in stages?

6. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was thinking in the terms of having things to research and planets to travel to. It's vastly different, but there are generic things that could be linked. I guess the connection in my head put in to words would be something like: It's similar to Spore in that there are many, many planets to venture to, each shaped differently hosting numerous different species. But a major flaw IMO with Spore is that you won't be forever stuck in the last stage unable to truly explore. And that, is where the Terraria aspect comes into play, you gather minerals and battle enemies with RPG-like weapons and methods. But even then, we don't have the whole picture so, I could say that there's even more good stuff piled on top, differentiating it even more, but I couldn't support that claim.

7. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

Minecraft and Terraria are great, so is Dungeons of Dredmor (its a perfect roguelike after all) however Roblox is a Kludged together hackneyed piece of crud.

8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

9. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Roblox sucks ass but I don't like Dungeons of Dredmor that much either :/

10. Bixxith

Bixxith Void-Bound Voyager

Minus the Star Trek bit, I had that exact same notion going around in my head :p

pheonix1901 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.