Modding Discussion Any Idea?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by mysty_arbuuu, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mysty_arbuuu

mysty_arbuuu Starship Captain

Hello,

So I have the latest version of SMAPI (1.5) and have been downloading some mods but most do not run and say ignored folder which doesn't have a manifest.json, when they do. I'm not really sure how to fix it, am I just being really silly? Any ideas?

Thanks !

:kitten2:

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

From what you're saying there is a problem with mods' paths (or downloaded mods didn't have manifest files, that would be very weird). Can you post a path to a mod's dll file?

• mysty_arbuuu

Hi, thanks for response. All of mods have manifest files and I'm pretty sure that these mods should work. A few that I am trying which are coming up with the "doesn't have a manifest.json" message is the show item price, get dressed, look up anything and map location mods. Could it be to do with the fact that SMAPI 1.5 was only released about a day ago?

• mysty_arbuuu

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

The latest version of Get Dressed loads fine with SMAPI 1.5 for me.

If the mod is placed correctly and does have a manifest.json, then the only reason for a problem I can think of is that the mod somehow fails to parse a path to manifest file. Try to simplify folders' names so there are only letters without any numbers or special symbols.

• mysty_arbuuu

Yes I had heard that from other people as well, I'm not really sure why it's not working for me. I'm certain I'm doing everything right and I do not know why the other mods aren't working but InstantGeode loaded fine, it's really quite frustrating lol I just want a better nose. The renaming didn't work either but thanks anyway!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The folders in question all have a manifest.json file in them?

(edit: So there is a Mods/NPCMapLocationsModv1.44-239-1-44/manifest.json file?)

• mysty_arbuuu

Hi, yes there is a manifest.json file in all of the mods folders I have downloaded, including the NPCMapLocations Mod.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mind posting a screenshot of the folder with the manifest file in it?

• mysty_arbuuu

MapL.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• mysty_arbuuu

I got it to work in the end, thanks everyone!

:catface:

• Lenyx

Lenyx Space Hobo

how did you get it to work? i'm having the exact same problem

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lenyx: Each mod should have its own folder under Mods. Make sure their manifest.json is at the top of their folder, not a subfolder. For example, if you have a "Pineapples Everywhere" mod:
                          • ✓ This is OK:
                            Code:
                               Mods/
                                  PineapplesEverywhere/
                                     PineapplesEverywhere.dll
                                     manifest.json

• ✘ This will not work (note subfolder):
                            Code:
                               Mods/
                                  PineapplesEverywhere-1.3/
                                     PineapplesEverywhere/
                                        PineapplesEverywhere.dll
                                        manifest.json

(The upcoming SMAPI 1.9 will accept both.)

ghomerghamer and Androxilogin like this.
                          • mysty_arbuuu

Hai! Did you get it working? I actually don't remember exactly how I got it to work, I remember trying a lot of different things but I think the files were just in an incorrect folder in the end, from what I remember at least!

Let me know if you got it working! I looked into it again and remembered what the problem was, for me atleast. It is so so silly and all the great modders here would facepalm if they knew :3

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
                            • mavisvalventini

mavisvalventini Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, I am having the same problem! It's happening to A LOT of my Mods, I am new to mods as well, but the mods that aren't working all have something in common, They are all appearance change mods, for example, children's clothing, Sam's looks, Cuter pigs, better home for pets, change dresser style, ect! Can somebody please tell me what's wrong? I extracted them into my Mods Folder as told...

:kitten2:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Could you link to some of the mods you're trying to use. And show a screenshot of your Mods folder. Thanks

• mavisvalventini

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Ok I scanned the links you posted, and I think I see your errors. Here's my list

1. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/969

This mod is an XNB mod, so you place the files inside your "Stardew Valley\Content\Characters" folder.

2. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/37

This one Im going to assume is another XNB mod. It doesn't really say. So I'm not too sure where it would go, but it's somewhere in your "Stardew Valley\Content\" folder.

3. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/648

This mod changes Get Dressed's dresser file. So you would go to your "Stardew Valley\Mods\Get Dressed\overrides\" folder and rename the file you want to use as "dresser.png". It's probably a good idea to back up Get Dressed's original file.

4. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/796

This one is another XNB mod, so it goes into your "Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\" folder.

5. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/932

This one is another XNB mod. Im assuming the zip contains a content folder. You would place this folder inside your "Stardew Valley" folder.

6. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2234

Another XNB mod. Place the files in your "Stardew Valley\Content\Animals\" folder.

7. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2132

This mod was made for the 1.3 Beta. You're running SDV 1.2.33

8. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/911

This one looks like another XNB mod. Not sure where it goes besides the "Stardew Valley\Contents" folder.

9. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/828

Looks to be another XNB mod. From what I can see it goes into your "Stardew Valley\Content\Maps\" folder.

Please note that some of these mods are pretty old, so they may not work anymore.

• mavisvalventini

Hello! I replaced the xnb files and it worked! thanks so much!