Modding Discussion Any "must have" or at least nice to have mods for a newish player (brand new to modded starbound)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Pitbu11s, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Pitbu11s

Pitbu11s Big Damn Hero

Preferably that don't add too much content or change core mechanics too much

Only mods so far i have in mind are some sort of mod thst adds hunger to casual/removes item dropping from survival (there's multiple and I don't know if any are better than others though thry all do kinda the same thing anyways, suggestions for a specific one welcome) and Frackin Races (no Frackin Universe though cause I'm not a fan of some of the core game changes, maybe for s future playthrough).

If this is the wrong place to post here just tell me and I can move it, I'll try to check on this thread throughout the day and move it if necessary.

2. GeekyRaptor

GeekyRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think this section is for modders of star bound to find help and advice, if you are looking for mods you should try out I am unsure of what mods could add to the game without getting rid of the vanilla feel, but I can guarantee that frakin universe is not the only mod out there. As for mods I think are great I like Pandoras box mod which I contributed some content to, as well as furniture mods like pump game furniture and prop pack catalogue mods, and species mods that add interesting species to play as, I recommend the avali and the elithian races mod. There are tons of mods that are great, you just have to look for them on the steam workshop. Again, I can't say much for mods that don't change the vanilla feel of the game, because I've never really liked or tried those particular mods, I find vanilla unbearably boring beyond redemption. Anyways good luck with that. :)