1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips for a beginner? (me)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MrWhiteVan2100, Jul 20, 2020.

1. MrWhiteVan2100

MrWhiteVan2100 Master Chief

Hello, I took one look at this game and said yes, so I bought it and me being a smooth-brain is having issues figuring out what to do so.. tips?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Just follow the intro. It includes everything you need to know for beginner. The S.A.I.L will also help you with some basics as you play through. I recommend not using any mod for beginner.

3. MrWhiteVan2100

MrWhiteVan2100 Master Chief

Got it, thanks

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  4. Daikon Ocelot

No problem, buddy.

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Collect as much plant fibre as you can (from vines). It is very useful early on because you can make salve and, later, bandages. It is also needed to make some armours as you progress. Don't put your crafting tables on a planet. Instead, put them in your ship so you'll always have access to them. When collecting erchius fuel, go for the easy to get ore near the surface of moons. It's not efficient to mine deeper unless you have an upgraded matter manipulator. Speaking of the MM, farm the mine shaft of lush planets to quickly collect manipulator modules. There will always be a mine shaft on lush plantets. Craft a lantern stick to give you light in the lush planets' mines. You won't need an EPP for lush planets and being able to clearly see underground speeds up the process. That's all I can think of for now.

6. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Check starbounder.org to get knowledge of various stuff in the game. It helps a lot, especially at the beginning.

7. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

be sure to avoid throwing away your broken broadsword, I had to cheat it back in when I learned that it could be repaired
    also, if you haven't cleared the intro mission yet, there's a help desk lady there who's got loads of control related tips, the human camping by the abandoned mines also has a bunch of survival related tips to share too

8. Daikon Ocelot

I already throw away that sword a long time ago, when I first play the game, before I knew it can be fix.