1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Any way I can force-delete objects on a map?

Discussion in 'Support' started by XRiku, Apr 9, 2018.

1. XRiku

XRiku Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but this issue is really pissing me off, so here.

I used a mod on Stardew Valley that added trees into the game, but I decided to uninstall it later, as I was scared it might corrupt my save. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I used some of the trees on my map, and despite my best efforts to remove them, they are just NOT going away- and I can't seem to remember the mod they came from (meaning I can't reinstall it).

In short, I am locked with two trees that just won't go away. Which is why I wanted to know if there was any way I could delete these using debug commands... or something else.

Thanks a bunch!

PS: Not sure this helps, but I tried taking a screenshot of my console. Every time I try to take down the tree, it gives me this error.

PS2: Sorry for my bad English.

Attached Files:

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Wow, your English is perfect! I think the only way to get rid of the trees is save-file editing. If you .zip the save folder for the save you're having trouble with then upload it here, I can look at it and see if I can find the offending trees and delete them.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Here is a mod I quickly created that will let you get rid of the trees. All you do is hover over the base of the tree and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Once your trees are deleted and you save your game, I would suggest you getting rid of this mod. It would be too easy to mess up your farm on accident.

*Edit*
        Don't mind the name, this was for another project, I just made it get rid of terrain features.

Attached Files:

• XRiku

XRiku Void-Bound Voyager

It worked! Thank you!

It's fixed now, but thank you also!

margotbean likes this.
          • Riguel

Riguel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You wouldn't happen to have an updated version of this would you? I got a few bushes on a modded farm map I would like to be able to delete so I don't have to restart my save.

• Muggles

Muggles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

coco1010 likes this.
              • StuffleBun

StuffleBun Space Spelunker

I too hope this mod might be updated some day. An incautious change of farm mods has left me with trees growing in the water. ^_^

• Leyana

Leyana Big Damn Hero

Right now we have tons of different options to rid of any "objects", for example:
                  Reset Terrain Features / unofficial version - remove specific things
                  Noclip Mode - help you remove anything manually if you have access to
                  Debug commands - if you know how to use it
                  SMAPI console commands - if you know how to use it

• junipear

junipear Orbital Explorer

Reset Terrain Features no longer works, not even the official version. Bummed to hear that this DeleteAnything mod no longer works,