1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to bring back surface ore in my game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ShinyPants, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ShinyPants

ShinyPants Void-Bound Voyager

Just wondering, are there any settings to change or mods which will allow me to bring back surface ore? I miss the days when you could find ore by exploring the surface of a planet since it gave you more choice in your gameplay style (and also I just hate mining, it's just a chore for me). I haven't been able to find anything but it'd be great if there was something to change that, if anyone knows of anything that I haven't been able to find. If anyone knows of anything then I'd really appreciate it :)!

2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Err... there still is surface ore. It's just not as numerous. And usually not much of the higher-tier-for-that-tier stuff.

You can also buy the stuff from Ursa Miner at the Outpost if you just want ore.

3. MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

Surface chests often have some top-level ore. If the monsters aren't a problem, you can just run around looking in all the chests.

4. Vetpetmon

Vetpetmon Void-Bound Voyager

Surface ore is there, you've just got to look hard enough for it. That's why it's more efficient to just dig deeper into underground layers.

Ore detectors really help as well. :up: