1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Apex Hoverbike 2.4

A purely cosmetic hoverbike alternative

1. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Monijir submitted a new mod:

Apex Hoverbike [nightly] - A purely cosmetic hoverbike alternative

Read more about this mod...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If I were playing Nightly, I'd totally use this mod. The bike is beautiful.

3. Chuck Norris 8

Chuck Norris 8 Orbital Explorer

Can a human use it

4. Monijir

You ought to try it out there's some very neat stuff in there, especially for modders. After I read that comment I went back to find some old code I used to restore the humahoverbike tech functionality. I was using it last winter so I figured it could work for you, but it's waaaay out of date and without the docs being online anymore I don't think I can save it, tried for ya though.

Yeah, I honestly don't know how or if you can legitimately attain vehicles in the nightly build I've just been using the admin command to spawn them. You just have to enter :
    Code:
    /admin
    /spawnvehicle apexhoverbike
    and it should spawn over your mouse.

5. Monijir

Monijir updated Apex Hoverbike [nightly] with a new update entry:

compatibility tweak

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Monijir

Monijir updated Apex Hoverbike with a new update entry:

2.0 the it-probably-works update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. SaberMurusaki

SaberMurusaki Phantasmal Quasar

How did you not add the vehicle in the vehicle shop? i know you didn't add it.
    meh... still awesome mod...

8. Monijir

I just needed to sleep - I was trying to push through a complete update last night, but oh wow there's so much stuff to do for a hoverbike even just aesthetically.
    There's something like 650 lines in the hoverbike.lua file and about 450 in hoverbike.animation. 7 frames for the warp in animation 8 for the core graphics 4 for the wreckage 6 for the shards 6 for the tesla coil... I didn't know how much I'd have to do to get it running at all.
    , I thought I'd go ahead and upload what I had rather than wait 'til I got done sleeping
    I never know if I'll get 2 or 20 hours due to a cocktail of medications and a frothy blend of chronic diseases
    . That's all for my griping about purely-voluntary projects - I won't move on to another project until I correct that though.

9. Monijir

10. SaberMurusaki

SaberMurusaki Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Try Translating this....
    If you do translate this... congrats, you think im creepy.

11. NovaTyphoon

NovaTyphoon Void-Bound Voyager

This bike is absolutely stunning. :up:
    :poke: Would be great if you created bikes for the other races too!

12. Monijir

Thank you. I needed some motivation to get back to it. I have a ton of Avian vehicle artwork that I haven't taken the time to implement, so if I release another one that will be it.

13. Monijir

[​IMG]

Here's some of the Avian artwork - any comments preferences?

14. NovaTyphoon

NovaTyphoon Void-Bound Voyager

I like the one in the very centre, it looks great! :DD
    It would look cooler with a more rounded edge though.

15. Monijir

[​IMG]
    I've made too many revisions to the Avian bikes - they're just silly at this point. I guess we started using proper orthographic projection on the vehicle designs - I noticed in Nightly, but it may have been this way for a while now. Anyhow here's a hylotl bike preview. The second eye was going to be a spotlight aimed down, 'cause you're not doing it hylotl right if you aren't looking down on someone.

16. Monijir

17. Monijir

18. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

It might just be me, but both this and that hylotl hoverbike you've made only seem to be in .modpak form instead of .pak files. Am I missing something, or do .modpaks no longer work?

19. Monijir

I put them in .modpak because that was what I was used to doing. I'm still not 100 on the new conventions, but the .modpak files I have posted on the forum are packaged with the newest asset packer so the extension is arbitrary. They work fine in my mods folders.

I've combined both of them into one package on the steam workshop, after a series of nightmares dealing with compatibility, Let me know if you run into any more problems.

20. AliasAA

AliasAA Void-Bound Voyager

It isn't showing up at the outpost shop.