1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

APPLICATION EXCEPTION ON STARBOUND

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CaptGumiho, Jun 26, 2018.

1. CaptGumiho

CaptGumiho Aquatic Astronaut

So i got my problem when i try to figure out how to reduce the lag when appear on a bunch of vilager,and i got a thread where suggest to install the mod.There's 3 mod,and i downloaded all of 'em.after move it to the mods folder,im try to start the game,and it crash,the error message below there.
    oh and sry for my bad grammar. error.png

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Starbound does not have all necessary permissions to access sits own files. Are you running any antivirus software? Where is starbound installed? Has starbound been launched as admin before?

3. CaptGumiho

umm i just put the mods into mod folder,and yea i make the 64 and 32 to run as admin,and the config i just make the vsync to false so i can reduce the lag,and i dont have any antivirus except windows defender

4. Iris Blanche

Something is blocking either access to the file starbound.log.5 or it's creation. Your mods are not at fault nor the config change (tho i recommend leaving vsync in the config on and adjust the settings in the driver settings instead).
    try removing old starbound logs (.1 - .5) from your storage folder.

5. CaptGumiho

umm so i move the config into another driver like desktop and i change the vsync to true,and i move it back into satrbound file?

6. Iris Blanche

No. In the storage folder are log files (starbound.log, starbound.log.1 - .5). You simply delete the files starbound.log.1 - .5

7. CaptGumiho

just delete the log 1-5?i have tried it,and still got the same error message :(