1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Arctic Battle 1

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BlueLeafeon, Jan 23, 2021.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I started up a new file in Starbound just now and as I was escaping the first stage, realized that there's a lot of beeping in the right speaker during it. It sounds like the same tones used for morse code. However, because the rest of the song overpowers the beeping, and I'm not really too familiar with morse code, I can't really make it out.

Is it just beeping? Or is that spelling out some kind of message?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I heard the beeping too. I always thought that it is just part of the sound effect of the music. But if it really is a morse code, a message, perhaps the only person that knows about it directly is the composer of the music itself, Curtis Schweitzer. Or... someone that can read morse code.

I don't know if it's a morse code or just normal beep. But this is quite interesting indeed.

3. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

from memory, theres lights that play a sound, i think its the Alarm and Alert Light, and the background sounds in the song seem to be similar to those

Armok likes this.
  4. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, I'm pretty sure those are just supposed to be sonified alarm noises