1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic submitted a new mod:

Arm Cannons - Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

Read more about this mod...

2. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic updated Arm Cannons with a new update entry:

A new color scheme and shuffled ammo.

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Some stuff.

4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

6. Ridge106

Ridge106 Void-Bound Voyager

Love this idea! are these supposed to be like the arm cannon from metroid? if so, the animations are off, and you are holding them. maybe if you could do something about that, but otherwise great! (also, I dont know anything about modding. sorry)

7. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

When I hear about arm cannons the first thing I think of is the anime Berserk, Good work on mod tthough. ^^

8. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

No idea why it's saying version 3.2.. It's version 0.3.1 right now.

Yeah it's gonna take a while for them to get to a respectable state, I'm only posting it incomplete so if v6ooo wants to help more he can.
    This wouldn't even be possible without him, all I ever managed to do was crash the game before.

The ammo types aren't final. Posting plans to the main page soon.

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

treasure pools and rarities!

10. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Neat idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Looks promising so far.

11. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

You know, these guys might be able to help , or at least give advice on the charging particle thing.

12. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

The problem is that those guns work exactly like the buster in vanilla. It would not be difficult to make those, as they are "unique" (pre-designed) items... They aren't randomly generated.
    The game doesn't seem to want to let the buster charge time modifier apply to randomgen weapons.
    I've tried quite a few things. Buster charge, bow charge, increasing the damage modifiers on the charge projectile through atleast 4-5 means.
    Nothing seems to affect their damage but changing the main gun, which would also power up the normal shot..

actionOnReap seems to allow it with some of the ammo types. So I just need to figure out how to make the simple charge shots function like THOSE shots do. I'll try a few more things tomorrow or something.

13. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Let me save you some time - thats currently not possible.

Oberic likes this.
  14. Ridge106

Ridge106 Void-Bound Voyager

What if you make it like a piece of armor? wouldn't it "sit" on the character then? (I know nothing about programming, so i don't know if that would work)

15. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Randomly generated firearms can't be armor. Sadly that is what a true arm cannon is.

Right now our arm cannons look like you're holding a pringles can by the very bottom with both hands and pointing it at people while glowing lemons fly out of it.

16. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Oberic likes this.
  17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Good lord, lol.

18. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

19. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

20. KWVance

KWVance Subatomic Cosmonaut

maybe you can add arm swords like assassin creed blades and stuff that aren't visible until you click them showing the animation, you might have to get help, because it would be better to fix it where you still use the running and walking animation frames when equipped. kinda looks lame pointing an empty hand around everywhere.