1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Probably going back to 1-handed arm cannons, actually, I can just upload a 9.1 patch for that right now.
    My internal test group likes them more when they can pair them with a shield or grappling hook, or sword.

Likewise, I have been comparing them to the wrong guns. So it's okay for them to be stronger as one-handed weapons (which was my reasoning for making them two-handed, they felt weak in the new stable).

I'll set them to one-handed without changing anything else for a while and see how that goes in testing.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in my testing. When you are playing multiplayer, is it on a server? Is it local?
    Everyone involved must have the mod or the arm cannons will not function as intended.

2. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic updated Arm Cannons with a new update entry:

Arm Cannons are One-handed again.

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Lass.Isolet

Lass.Isolet Intergalactic Tourist

well that explains that... also i forgot to mention that only the charged shot doesn't work in multiplayer, the non-charged shot works fine... also i play on a server... P.S. did you know that the stats of the arm cannon that you can craft change every time you try to craft them in the replicator???

4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I have been considering some new additions which would also give me a proper reason to make the crafted arm cannon extremely random... *Spoiler below.

The Crafted Arm Cannon has the same randomized stats of rare arm cannons, but has every possible combination of attacks to choose from. This is intentional. I could make it completely non-random stat-wise but retain all of the other randomness.

Does the server you play on have the mod installed? Every user and the server/host must have the mod installed for it to function without problems occurring. As for why a lot of them work on multiplayer, many of the arm cannon basic attacks are simply vanilla projectiles, so the guns will work on even vanilla servers, but to everyone else you will look like you're empty-handed just aiming your arms at people. Attempting to fire any custom projectiles will cause you to crash, hence the charge shots won't ever work (every single one of them is a custom projectile now).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  5. Lass.Isolet

o
    ok thanks for the info... also once i craft the arm cannon i think the crafted one in my inventory changes every time i log on... also i have no idea how to identify a vanilla server from any other server :rofl:... and no they don't have them installed and i don't think they'll all install them just for my sake... it would be awesome if they did though

6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

You could always ask. :)

I mean, as a person who can (and often does) despise his own work, I think it's a pretty good mod. Maybe they would too. ^_^

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  7. Lass.Isolet

Maybe...

8. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Final Version, for now.

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Tiny fixes.

10. McAule

McAule Void-Bound Voyager

Nice mod. Liking it a lot. I just wish I could built my own arm cannon without randomly getting different types of shots. For example primary electric shot and charged secondary electricity or electric bolt shot and charged black hole secondary. Because chances of getting what I want is pretty slim because of randomisation.

11. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I don't think I have an electric primary shot actually. Considered a melee electric attack for a long time....hmmm

I've been trying to think of ways to let people get closer to picking their cannon type.
    But I'd need either a very complicated to design crafting table, or a TON of recipe/generatedgun files..
    I could possibly have separate recipes just for the main attacks leaving the secondaries random... But I've had issues with recipes in that I can only get one recipe to work at a time, and I don't know why. All the file checkers say it's good to go, but only the first recipe in my player.config.patch list is craftable (I've made multi-recipe mods work before trying to make special blocks craftable, like Wicker and Thatch), and I don't know why it won't work.

Ideally, I would have an Arm Cannon Assembly table, and you would choose all three appearance parts, the main shot and the secondary/charge shot.
    The name and stats would be based on the appearance parts.
    But I don't even know if anything even similar to that is possible..
    I do know the weapon assembly mod can jumble up the parts, matching stats and attacks with the pieces, but it currently can't copy charge shots (those get removed, turning the arm cannon into a normal-style gun.)

Edit, Quick Update:
    I'm going to begin work on a sizeable update once the combat update patch hits and I get the new files extracted.
    I'd like the arm cannons to follow a similar style to vanilla weapons, several elements of plasma attacks, etc., but with matching charge shots (they don't really match up that well right now in some cases).
    X Arm Cannons (experimental, they'll be called) will still have all of the current attacks, but probably matched up more appropriately rather than being fully jumbled. This gives me the ability to design new attacks freely, while letting the lootable arm cannons blend into vanilla much better.

Hopefully the combat update gives me the tools I need, if not, it'll take a lot more work, but I'll begin work then regardless.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Is this able to be used in the newest update I wonder? Would love to get my hands on this once more if-so. :3

EDIT: Ooor.... I should've just read the overview. Shame. Well, my encouragement and appreciation goes out to you. Hope everything works out. :3

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I haven't given up (I just lack the time to work on it more), but the combat update threw several wrenches into my machine.

14. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

@Oberic its now possible to add 2 sides to the arm cannon right?
    a image for the back and the image for the front?

15. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

I was wondering this one myself. There seems to be a "Terarria"-sort of problem where (for example Frackin Universe) where the Arm Cannon itself is held in the hand like a gun, and isn't actually over the arm. Would be nice to see a solution to this.

16. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Potentially. I'd need to look at boxing gloves files.

No progress. I am probably overlooking something but I just cannot get these blasted things to work.

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I found a thing that might lead to getting this mod online again, but I lack the experience necessary to make it work.
    Basically, the rare drop gun from the Bone Dragon boss has a new attack type (charge fire, it could easily even set multiple tiers of attacks! I'm talking a gun with like 10 levels of charge!). My first hurdle is getting that attack type to work on a randomly generated weapon.
    Even with a basic shot and one level of charge would be enough to start with.

I tried. I tried for hours. I put in all the text as best as I could manage, many setups, ran it through the checks that I usually use, everything checked out, but the guns just plain won't work.
    It's really frustrating.
    My strength is not in making this kind of stuff work.

18. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Are u gonna update this mod?

19. BoundOffStars

BoundOffStars Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can someone tell me if this mod still works? Just making sure.