1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Art Style Inspirations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petelectro, May 6, 2013.

1. petelectro

petelectro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there community,

I downloaded the demo yesterday, played for an hour, backed it immediatly and now I'm still playing the demo so well, consider me a fan of this awesome game.

The thing I like the most about it is the art style. It kinda reminds me of Flashback in a way the game just feels really alien and mysterious. I just wanted to let the developers know how awesome the atmosphere is and wanted to ask what the inspirations for the art style were.

Also what do you guys think about the art? What did it remind you of?

Cheers

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the minimalistic "scroll your black tracing" art then came with. This is unusual. And yeah, these concepts are awesome!
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
      Sorry if I attached too much pics but this is complete awesomness!

Beardtastic likes this.
      • Salem_1337

Salem_1337 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Personally, I really like the wisp concept and actual grapic. It's something in it's flames that really gets my attention

• petelectro

petelectro Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the shading and overall grim look. I really hope they will add a little more variety to the enemies though :)

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

I'm sure will add more creatures. When I got to the third stage one time and saw monsters I haven't seen before, I was like "Wooooah".

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Totally Flashback! And Out of this World, too.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Hey guys! Thanks for all the praise; drawing those monster log portraits is actually one of my favorite things to do at the moment.

While my game isn't even close to the quality of Out Of This World or Flashback, I appreciate the great compliments. Maybe one day I can be as good :up:

CommodoreFrank and Bewinged like this.