Asra Nox Revamp

Discussion in 'Other' started by Starshot10k, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Starshot10k

Starshot10k Orbital Explorer

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR FINAL BOSS FIGHT OF THE STARBOUND MAIN STORYLINE
    (Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put a suggestion about the bosses)

So, I was thinking about the final boss fight and realized something; fighting Asra Nox again is kind of repetitive. Yes, she has improved damage, but I was thinking that maybe she should have different attacks the second fight. Maybe have improved versions of all of her previous attacks. Here are the ones I came up with:

1. Kunai Blast - I was thinking that instead of going into the air and firing like she currently does, she could teleport to a corner on the ground and fire multiple waves with one hole to dodge through in each wave.

2. Solus Slash - Instead of dashing across the room in an easily dodgeable manner, maybe she could teleport just the side or above the player, and then slash towards them. This way, you either will have to jump or dash sideways to dodge

3. Homing Sphere - I have no idea what to do with this one since personally, it is the hardest attack by far.

4. Energy Beam - This should be a phase two attack, where Asra teleports into the center of the room and floats while charging the beam. It should either shoot where you were a second before firing or do the same but follow you, forcing you to run around the room.

Another quick note about bosses is that they should scale damage and health with more players. Maybe for damage, it should be Original Damage*1.3^(Number of players-1) while for health, it should be Original Health*1.5^(# of Players-1)

locketeerian likes this.
  2. locketeerian

locketeerian Aquatic Astronaut

She definitely needs a new battle scheme at the rematch. I had the sprint tech applied and dodged over 80% of her Homing Sphere rams simply by running across the arena. She was already cheese-able during the first encounter and the second time was simply a pushover in comparison.