1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ATM 1.4

Its the future there HAS to be an ATM SOMEWHERE!!

1. Imblazed247

Imblazed247 Ketchup Robot

The numbers are for aesthetics and maybe for future when i learn more .lua

They dont do anything because theyre categories that have no tag SHOULD throw no issue

Ieven just took it from my dropbox (where it dls from here) and unpaked it and all playerconfigs/recipes/items/categories look in order

I dont know wtf would make it be acting this way

Your fully updated to current version correct?....which i dont think even makes a diff cause no changes in game recently would cause this but for the sake checking

2. Apocalypse Jack

Apocalypse Jack Void-Bound Voyager

Yep... all up to date.

So let's work this out Process of Elimination style.

What could possibly be going wrong? We're using the exact same file. I'm on an up-to-date version... I'm assuming you are as well? When issues arise like this where the mod works for the author and not others, usually the answer is something along the lines of there somehow being something that the game is looking for (or finding because it's not included in the .pak) on your computer? Is there any chance something didn't make it into the .pak on your computer?

3. Imblazed247

yes mines up to date

no im using the same file you are i deleted the one i had and used the one from drop box a while ago to see if i could generate the issue people were getting

and when making something i dont make separate places for my assets its all built in the mod its self

4. Apocalypse Jack

Right-o... then that's out.

So, what if you tried adding the recipes on pick-up of the various cards instead of as default recipes? I don't know WHY that would matter... but I've seen crazier things.

5. Imblazed247

i can add that to it as a YOU WILL BE SURE TO GET THE RECIPE MOFO clause sure lol

6. Imblazed247

7. Apocalypse Jack

Okay... now this is getting to be nuts.

The cards aren't adding the recipes...

-EDIT-

Here's the log I get this time:

THOUGHT: What if the problem here is that the game isn't recognizing a recipe that solely pays out in pixels?

-DOUBLE EDIT-

SECOND THOUGHT: You're creating recipes for money... but the name of the recipe is normally the name of the ITEM being created. So when you're adding recipes for moneyred and money'x'... you're telling the game to look for item moneyred. But you've created a recipe for MONEY... just plain money... or am I way off?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  8. Imblazed247

you need to have separate amounts of money or all of them would give X amount of pixels and then your deposits wouldnt match the withdraws

this is weird can you see the pixels in adminmode? if you dont know how to type /admin then look at the atm

9. Apocalypse Jack

Holy hell! They show up in admin mode.

10. Imblazed247

ill look at the player config but this is maddening they SHOULD WORK FFS

11. Apocalypse Jack

It even registers that i have the required card to complete the recipe... but it won't add the recipe for whatever reason. I wonder if money is a hardcoded thing that the game just won't let players craft? That doesn't make much sense, though, because then how the hell would the refinery work?

12. Imblazed247

no the crazy thing is my fellow vent mates use my mods and asked Lexicon-Prime to check it and he gets the recipes just fine

on top of that im just using regular things in my starbound i dont have some dev edidtion that would make yours differ in the way that authors and players would not beable to do something

WERE PLAYERS TOO MAN GAWD!! lol

Apocalypse Jack likes this.
  13. Apocalypse Jack

Bizarre.

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking things like "Is it because I'm on Windows 10? Is it because of my install directory? Is it because I'm on a 64-bit system? Is it because I've got some kind of residue from other mods left over?"

But at least you keep plugging away at it. You've definitely been doing due diligence here. I appreciate that.

Imblazed247 likes this.
  14. Apocalypse Jack

Yo! I edited it and got it to work... and it was insanely easy to accomplish!

Here's the deal: I changed it from adding recipe "moneyred", "moneyblue" whatever for each card pickup to simply adding the recipe for "Money".

And suddenly ALL the withdraw menu items showed up, and they work properly.

15. Imblazed247

zip it and let me see it

and your out of admin mode yes?

16. Apocalypse Jack

Here. I couldn't figure out how (or if it's even possible) to add it here to the thread, so I put it up on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8aj0j2jzwhjb3vn/ATM.zip?dl=0

The only changes I made were to remove the recipes for moneyred, blue, black etc in the config patch with a single one for 'money', as well as changing the cards to add said 'money' recipe on pickup (in case that first bit doesn't work. Never hurts to be extra safe, yeah?)

17. Apocalypse Jack

Out of admin mode, yes. I actually had to do a double-take to make sure.

-EDIT-

Just started a brand-new character, and the withdraw items are showing up even without having made the bank card! Looks like my fix worked for the config file, too!

18. Imblazed247

19. Apocalypse Jack

Oh man, it feels good to see those beautiful pixel sprites in my ATM greyed out and just waiting for me to have enough money deposited to take 'em all out.

This feeling was well worth the time I spent pounding my head against the keyboard trying to figure it out.

Imblazed247 likes this.
  20. Imblazed247

Apocalypse Jack thanks for the help

i wanna say i might have had that in a previously unreleased version(played w it on the server before i put it out here) maybe is why it worked for me cause otherwise it dont make sense lol

OH and we use TS3 not vent not that it matters but i read that and was like wtf we havent used vent in years...lol