1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Automatic Irrigator v2.3

Automated irrigation with resource cost

1. minusx

minusx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here but I can't get the pipe irrigator to work. The way I understand, it needs to be connected with background pipes to a water source, then the light should turn from yellow to blue, and it should show water in the tank, correct?

I've connected the middle block to the water tank (which has water in it) but nothing's happening. I actually ended up wallpapering the entire background to make sure everything was connected properly, but still no luck.

[​IMG]

2. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

What your doing wrong is filling the back area with the pipes.
    The pipe must connect from the mid point of both the irragator and the holding tank and connect both going down
    into the background of the dirt they are sitting on.
    I've don it and it works, also you can elevate the holding tank or sink it, and still connect the two together and it'll work.

3. minusx

I still don't understand. Here's a picture of the pipe without the irrigator or tank:
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of everything set up, with a red line to indicate the pipe:
    [​IMG]

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the pipes are connected to both midpoints, and go into the background of the dirt (even though the mod's screenshot shows they connect side by side without having to go into the ground), yet it's still not working.

4. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Have you got the latest version? There was a hotfix necessary because of a small error in the pipe irrigator.

EDIT:
    Looks like the file wasn't updated in the last update, I updated it just now and downloaded from the forums and it seems to work for me now. Please download the latest version.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  5. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

6. minusx

Working now, thanks for the fix!

Spacedino likes this.
  7. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Glad it works for you now.

8. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know if one of the other mods I use is messing with this or what but I cannot place the irrigation pipe, it completely freezes up Starbound. I can still move but nothing will load/render/react to me, kinda like when you are on a server and lag out.... but I'm playing single player. This sucks because I really need something to automate my farms, since I make a giant greenhouse to house all the farmables in the universe. (I have issues) (I also collect trees.... so many saplings)

Is anyone else having that issue?

9. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Where are you placing the pipes when the issue occurs? Anywhere? Behind the irrigator? Behind your fields? Behind other objects?

Based on your description i assume it might be an error in my code. I have seen this behavior occur in case of infinite loops. ( Which i thought i had removed :/ )
    Since the pipes themselves don't have scripts on them and are a completely new object added by the mod I don't think they would cause issues with other mods.

Please post your Starbound log from a session where the error occured. Also a list of the mods you are using might help.

10. Leinad Werecat

I'll try and find a log when i am back at the computer, and list the mods then cause it is a good few xD As for where i was placing them, i try to place them anywhere at all and it happens. It still uses up the pipe like i placed it, but nothing is placed.

Edit: Mods list
    Your irrigation mod, of course.

Hydro Grenades
    Item Broadcaster
    BlockTable Plus
    Perennial Crops
    Ground Penetrating Radar Station
    Creative Mode (Somewhat gutted this mod since it isn't actually updated but I wanted to use some of the basic cheat tools it gives for construction)
    Moar Ore
    Descriptive Food (idk if this still works even actually)
    Felins
    Felins Objects +
    Felins Intro Cinematic
    Kawa's thing that adds the extra race options for custom races.
    Glowing Ore
    Biome Treasurepool Cleanup
    Blink Through tech
    Create-A-Friend
    Glowing Chests
    Vulpes
    And I'll have added the Liquid Tanks mod by the time I can get a log, probably just gonna boot up Starbound and make it do its thing.... But Idrk much about the whole getting a log thing.

And I don't think this counts for anything but I have the Undertale Music Pack as well because I'm an Undertale fan.

EDIT 2: OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT- I got rid of the Food one and I could place pipes. I have NO clue why that would affect anything, but I guess it was just too dang outdated..... So.... Yeah.... I guess that's my bad. xP

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  11. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

That makes no sense.
    But i'm glad you can use the mod now.
    Feel free to post any further issues you encounter.

Leinad Werecat likes this.
  12. Sir_Demous

Sir_Demous Void-Bound Voyager

in future u planing to create something like pump ?

13. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I plan to add a liquid collection thingie to my mod liquid tanks, but not to this one.
    This mod has a special water barrel however. When placed under water, the barrel will start sucking up water items.

14. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Void-Bound Voyager

I am also running into an infinite loop bug. I'll explain precisely what I am doing.
    I place a pipe irrigator.
    I place a large water tank next to it.
    I attempt to place a piece of pipe behind the pipe irrigator.
    Starbound freezes up.
    This has happened twice in a row.

If I placed the pipes FIRST, then placed the tanks, the problem did not occur.
    That should help you narrow it down I think. The two times I crashed, I ended the process fast enough that it didn't generate a full log.
    Also I tested this in a mod-free environment, using only your irrigators and water tank mods.

15. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I'm about to head to bed unfortunately, but i think i found your problem.
    If this is your only problem you should be able to keep playing as long as you place pipes first and have at least 2 pipes.
    I think the error occurs specifically when there is only 1 pipe behind the irrigator.
    You can expect a fix in about 48 hours, if everything goes well.

edit: also if you are still worried, the irrigator is the only scripted object so picking it back up will stop all scripts from running and prevent crashes. Of course then you won't get to use it until the fix is out :p

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Rasmenar likes this.
  16. Leinad Werecat

Yeah, idk what was up with that but whatever I guess lol, Now to just learn how to use the irrigation pipes for my massive greenhouse. :D

17. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Spacedino updated Automatic Irrigator with a new update entry:

Fixed freezing bug

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1452274698][/DOUBLEPOST]New update should fix the one-pipe-freeze. Thanks to everyone detailing their problems here. I DO try to provide quick support at this point in time.

18. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I was wondering why the pipes need to go behind above the dirt and not just directly behind it.

19. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Basically just my decision. I thought it would be annoying if they were hidden so i made it so that you can see them.
    If anyone has any strong feelings about this, I am open to ideas.

20. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Allow both :D then you can hide them or see them depending on what you prefer.