1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Automatic Irrigator v2.3

Automated irrigation with resource cost

1. xoumi712

xoumi712 Space Spelunker

Um.. this maybe very retarded but I'm a somewhat new player so, I've been trying to find the 'irrigation pipe' crafting item for hours now to no success.
    The 'heavy pipe' from copper clearly isn't working so I know there's a different pipe which I just cant find for crafting :/
    So, where DO i craft the pipe ? and yes, I did craft the pipe irrigator and the system did tell me that I now know how to craft the pipes but it's not showing up anywhere. I've tried every crafting station I can lay hands on.

2. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

The pipes are meant to be crafted at the robotic crafting table, you can use the search bar to find them in the recipe list. Make sure you don't have a filter selected or it might filter out the pipe recipe.

EDIT:
    like this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. neospriss

neospriss Big Damn Hero

I find that occasionally I have pipes that don't water soil. I have checked that hey are connected to the irrigation water storage with plenty of water. I had to replace all the pipes to get them to work. Is the normal or is that just me?

Additionally, If I want to make a really big greenhouse, if I connect multiple irrigation systems in parallel or series help speed up the watering or should I have multiple separate systems to water different levels/areas?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm stupid and missed the 100 pipe block range for the irrigator. Thanks for a great mod!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  4. sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just tried using this today. I liked the farming until it got annoying with the can. This seems like a great alternative. Imagine spaceships that bend time and space but little tiny wooden cans... Anyway. I am having trouble unlocking the pipe recipe. I have the user in /admin mode since my worlds keep getting deleted. I am using the stable version - not the nightly. I thought at first I could use regular pipes because I don't read... I went through the forum and see that you need to create the irrigator in order to unlock it but Its just not working. I tried pulling out of admin mode and smelting a new batch of titanium with no luck, anyone seen this or have a solution?

I've got a few other mods going, so maybe I need to try one with just this mod.

I just restarted the game without fiddling with anything and the pipes are there! Never mind!

5. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Spacedino updated Automatic Irrigator with a new update entry:

Minor Changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

you should add the video KMO did to the description :)
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAYrmoFpAyQ

Spacedino likes this.
  7. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I will look at it later, it's night in space and i need some quality cryo time

8. BelikrDscale

BelikrDscale Subatomic Cosmonaut

if i may make a suggestion, do you think it would be possible to make a variation of the pipe irrigation that can work on the ships that works kinda like a sprinkler system?

9. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Finally got around to watching it. Its a good tutorial, added to the main page.

10. KatjaREDMedic

KatjaREDMedic Tentacle Wrangler

Hrm, it's giving me trouble.

I've tried tons of different pipe and water and irrigator combinations but I haven't gotten anywhere...pipe irrigator just doesn't want to work with water sources.

11. KatjaREDMedic

KatjaREDMedic Tentacle Wrangler

...Oh, wrong pipe. Durr.

12. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on whether this mod will be compatible with the upcoming July 22nd 1.0 update?

13. Hiran

Hiran Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will This mod be updated to 1.0?

thesilentsong likes this.
  14. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I certainly hope so. Loved this mod since CF closed the "watergun + turret" trick. Now, though, the modpack does not show in the mod viewer for 1.0.:nurusad:

thesilentsong and Astrih Konnash like this.
  15. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

i hope so too

16. Hiran

Even if it wont i'm currently creating mod that revolves around items, etc, and it will have 2 "addons", one with automatic watering, and other one with gathering of items from ground, but it will also break plants.

17. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Will the unpacked version of this mod work?

18. Hiran

sadly no, but wait like max 3 days and my mod will have irrigation addon with a lot of fixes.

19. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made some brief attempts to port the mod. Got all the recipes craftable, but the irrigators and watering can .lua scripts are not compatible, and lua is beyond me, I'm afraid.

20. Hiran