Race Avali or other race implementation?

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by jaymee_murder, Jun 8, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see the Avali or any other races implemented or not?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2016.
  1. I would love nomad, space raptors in vanilla Starbound

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I don't want to see Avali, but I would like to see another race added

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I think the seven races we have are all we ever need

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could the Avali from the Avali mod be implemented in the game? or any others? or do people think the seven we have are all we ever need?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The Starbound Dev Team has their own visions for the game, and a lot of times, these mods don't really fit their vision, despite how popular they are. That's why modding is a thing, you know. It allows players to add things to the game that they personally find pleasing.

The only trouble is when a popular mod stops getting updates and falls behind... well that could be a problem. Avali itself is at-risk when 1.0 comes out as the author doesn't seem to be all that active, and the *original* Avali creator has list interest in Starbound altogether and is developing his Avali stuff for another game.

And should Avali fall into the Outdated category, I'd be rather sad... for a number of reasons. One, being the awesome looking building materials. If only Vanilla had building materials that looked that cool. Hopefully Frackin'Universe can include those tiles if the Avali mod ends up falling out of date...

3. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

I say YES to Avali... but they would need to implement some kinda way to translate the generic armors and Vanity items to them, due to their unique anatomy.

So eventhough i want it, it's unlikely to ever happen.

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

No. The amount of effort it would take to implement any new race would not be worth it, and the avali are one of the least likely candidates for vanilla implementation as their sprites do not work with any vanilla armor sets.

5. xz12

xz12 Void-Bound Voyager

I say yes to Avali

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The dev team has no plans to add any more playable races to the game. Especially not the Avali, because 1) RyuujinZERO said no, and 2) the Avali do not fit thematically with the game.

If you want a race in the game, add it in via modding.

Believe it or not, I have already suggested a change to allow the Avali and other humanoid-deviant species to use different sprites than other races, allowing them to equip anything with no clipping as long as sprites are supplied by mod authors, AND Tiy said "It might be relatively easy actually". I've seen no further mention of the idea since, however...