1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avian Tail Feathers 0.13

Adds tail plumage to Avians

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This being because character and item graphics are not stored per-character. I've abused this fact often while doing artwork.

2. MursaArtDragons

MursaArtDragons Void-Bound Voyager

Hate to say it then, no matter what I do I can't make it work. I even have it as the only mod in the folder to eliminate conflicts and yet they still don't have tails *Sad dragons face*

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Avian goes cheep, Floran hiss, Hylotl glub and Apex scream. But there's one sound that noone knows... what does the log say?

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  4. MursaArtDragons

Well I got the mod manager to work and now the tail feathers work through that.

5. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Terrible puns should be worth something in Starbound, like a physical award. Your mod looks amazing though, never realized what Avians were really missing.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What mod manager exactly?

7. MursaArtDragons

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's your problem. You don't need mod managers like that any more. You might notice that the page you linked says "Full support for Offended Koala! Check out the update notes to see all the new stuff."

Offended Koala. We're on Angry Koala now and Angry Koala has its own conflict resolution system.

9. MursaArtDragons

Well it wouldnt worktill after I used the mod manager so its doing something right.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Or you're doing something wrong. Besides using a deprecated tool for an older version of the game, that is.

11. Rael'oraz

Rael'oraz Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I'm noticing an issue with the mod. I guess technically it's not a big deal but it's kind of killing it for me http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/c00lcrazyman/Untitled-1.png

There's a miss-colored pixel on the idle animation's leg with this specific "personality" (AKA idle animation/stance). Only female. I've tried redownloading and redownloading the game. I've also uninstalled the mod to make sure it's not a problem with the game, and with the mod gone the pixel's not brown.

I tried fixing it myself by going into the picture file, copying the color of the brown pixels around it, and coloring over it. It fixed the problem, but completely messed up the ingame sprite because now there's a giant white rectangle around the character and the face is gone.

So um... Ryuujin? Could you kindly let me know what's going on with this? Like could I fix it myself or would you have to? If you did, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Thanks for pointing out, it's not your fault or an installation it is an error on my part, evidently at some stage I accidentally "touched" the pixel with a transparent brush and it slightly changed it's hue so it's not being picked up by the palette swap (the base feather colour is brownish red), I'll sort that out ASAP ^^ - thanks for the keen eye.

The reason you probably had a problem fixing it yourself is that you need to export as a 32 bit PNG with per-pixel alpha channel (Whereby anything not a sprite is transparent), but many paint programs cannot, or don't by default export PNG in that format.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

RyuujinZERO updated Avian Tail Feathers with a new update entry:

Teeny tiny fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Rael'oraz

Rael'oraz Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, xD I think it's pretty awesome how quick you are with this type of thing.

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Kawa likes this.
  16. Chickens84

Chickens84 Void-Bound Voyager

Totally should be in vanilla, makes more sense for them having tails and (optional) arm scales than having mammaries and navels. Which brings me to the point, when will you guys merge tails and drumsticks again, and is it possible for it to also be merged with Biologically-Correct Torsos by charity236?

Asatrix likes this.
  17. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

In the joint file, you say to just drop the podotheca folder into the mods folder for users but it lacks the .modinfo file. I edited the one from avianfeathers and it works fine.

would this mod need to be on a server?

Skunkie likes this.
  18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nope; it works perfectly in multiplayer even if the server is unmodded. (Since all it does it replaces the local copy of the avian sprite sheet)

19. shaun4519

shaun4519 Phantasmal Quasar

could you make the tail feathers overlap some of the armors

20. Erebros

Erebros Yeah, You!

I know they don't have wings and their story but could you please make a wing mod?