1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Avian Temple Quest Bug, preventing progression

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bean_, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

So whenever I load into the Avian artifact mission, Tonauac functions normally at first, speaking the right dialogue and leading me into the temple entrance. However, after showing off the first exhibit, a collection of ancient Avian masks, he reverts back into an infinite loop of repeating the opening dialogue, preventing progression through the mission, and thus through the game as a whole.

I've restarted the game and my computer multiple times and verified the local cache. I'm also running on my new MacBook Pro. I've got a handful of minor mods, such as ceiling sprinklers and job offers, which run fine. I never encountered this problem on my old PC, but I find it hard to believe that the MacOS version of Starbound would contain this kind of critical bug. Any help would be highly appreciated!

fernandadedalus likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. The file might appear as only "starbound" depending on your OS settings.

Bean_ likes this.
  3. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

I found the storage folder, but there are multiple Starbound.log files, ranging from Starbound.log through Starbound.log.5. I'm going to upload the original one with this message.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

I think its safe to say that it is not caused by the mods you're using. Seems to be a scripting issue which is caused by the latest update i suppose. I'm gonna investigate if i run into this issue myself.

Edit:
    So i am not able to reproduce it with a non-modded install of Starbound on Win10. Might be one of the mods i guess. Best is to try with a non-modded install and use
    Code:
    /admin
    as well as
    Code:
    /warp InstanceWorld:avianmission1
    to check on a new character to see if it is OS-dependent.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Bean_ likes this.
  5. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

Alrighty, so I tested with a new character and ran into the same issue, so I uninstalled all of my mods, verified cache, and then restarted steam. I then attempted the mission with my main character, and ran into the issue again, so I generated a new character and still ran into the same problem.

6. Iris Blanche

Thanks for checking this out. I'm going to tag @Katzeus here since this seems to be a gamebreaking issue.

Katzeus and Bean_ like this.
  7. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

8. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Thanks - got this one open for investigation. If anyone else sees it happen during this dialogue please report here

Bean_ likes this.
  9. Joeler

Joeler Seal Broken

I'm having the same problem. I have no mods installed

Bean_ likes this.
  10. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

Could you upload your game log like I did earlier in the chat? Maybe the higher ups can use that data

11. Joeler

Joeler Seal Broken

Also fyi I'm running on OS Mojave

Attached Files:

Bean_ likes this.
  12. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

Likewise

13. fernandadedalus

fernandadedalus Lucky Number 13

I have the same problem. No mods installed either. Is so annoying. I tried the /warp Nowhere command but didn't work. Maybe a compatibility problem with Mojave?

Here my starbound.log

Don't know if that the correct file, is it? Oh god, I'm so sad about this.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019
    Bean_ likes this.
  14. Bean_

Bean_ Tentacle Wrangler

That looks like the right file. I guess all there is to do now is wait until we can get our hands on a solution :(

15. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Same issue here. I was only able to complete the mission by /admin and /settileprotection and removing the door between the mask display and the rest of the temple.

Also playing on MacOS Mojave

fernandadedalus and Bean_ like this.
  16. fernandadedalus

I'll try this as soon as I can :p hope it works 'cos I'm on vacation and if I don't finish the game now I'll have to wait until Christmas or so D:

Bean_ likes this.
  17. fernandadedalus

Well... didn't work. The server said: "Not enough arguments /settileprotection. Use /settileprotection <dungeonId> <protected>". I tried with /settileprotection <0> <protected> (0 is the dungeon Id according to the /debug screen) but nothing. Did you have the same issue? If yes, how did you fix it?

18. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

@fernandadedalus

The full command is
    /settileprotection 0 false

Just make sure you set it back to true or you can wreck the temple and cheat your way to victory.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  19. fernandadedalus

Oh¡ I did it using these commands:

/admin
    /settileprotection 65535 false
    /settileprotection 65524 false
    /settileprotection 0 false
    /admin

20. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We're testing a fix for this on the unstable branch on Steam. Anyone who's had this bug - If you'd like to give it a try there please report if it's been fixed!