RELEASED Babies Take After Their Parents! Recolors + New Toddler Hair and Clothes (Updated 11/20/18)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by lilipea, Mar 19, 2016.

1. lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

Uploaded Harvey's babies with the default clothes aka violet and light blue :)

Also, I tried to make some overalls today! I made a version with the overalls completely covering the feet, and one with socks and shorts.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They're super plain, but the sprites are sooo tiny that I'm not sure what else I could do with them without the outfit turning into an unrecognizable blob. Anyway, honest feedback please! Decent start or no?

• Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

they are super cute thank you hope to see them soon on the other babies as well thank you!

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First reaction? Awww!!! :kawaii: :love: Seriously, those are super cute!!! Look at the little white socks! :rainbowbarf: Love the pink shirt!

Second thoughts: Okay now where's the boy? ;) And maybe a short sleeved shirt would fit adorably on the footed jumper. Although, I'm not sure if that would cut too closely to the jumper straps. Although, actually having the sleeves there makes the hands stand out more, so I think the way it looks now may work better. I also like how the puffy pants make the kid look like she's wearing a cloth diaper.

May I suggest blue and yellow for the boy child? I'm thinking these colors because there are typically two neutral colors, green and yellow with purple gaining ground, and two sex colors, pink and blue. The little girl has the gender neutral green pants and sex color pink. So for the boy, what about a blue shirt with yellow overalls? Color combination like this male fashion model is wearing. Or if you prefer a yellow shirt and blue pants, this combination works great too. ^.^

Also, I get that anything busy may blend too much or become blobby. Have you tried something like a four point diamond? Maybe two pink ones, one on either side where the pockets would be? Might not show up well, if at all, but it would be a bit of color amongst all that green. :) Just a thought.

This is a great attempt. Seriously! Very good job.

And thank you for the blue and violet Harvey children clothes. They look great!! ::Hugs!:: ::Gush gush::

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
        • tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

oh my, they are sooo adorable. I love the cute little socks. Are you planning on making them in the colour themes you already have for the bachelors? That would be grand (I hate pink :p)

• lilipea

I'm sooo glad you guys like them!! <3 <3 So far they're basically just a prototype, I wasn't even sure I could make overalls so those two images are all I've completed so far lol. Boys won't be ignored!

Thanks for all the suggestions @endermaryn, definitely going to try these out :) I did try a yellow color for Penny's babies and wasn't able to make it look too great, but we'll see what I can do here. Hopefully I can figure out a nice yellow color.

@tiffy961 The pink/green is mostly what I settled on for a nice contrast so you can actually see the overalls, won't force them on anyone who hates the colors! I planned on using the same color themes of the bachelor/ettes that I picked for the regular outfits, with the pink/green as a kind of default if someone doesn't want the themed babies.

Once I'm satisfied with the overalls I'll probably focus on adding them as they're requested, because going through and doing absolutely everyone will take foreeeever.

• tiffy961

I'd totally love Sam's babies. :nurutease: Maybe Red and blue for the girl?

lilipea likes this.
              • octoling

octoling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

kind of a silly request, but could i ask for harveys children to have his horrible mustache? the idea just makes me laugh. nice work, though! these are super cute.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Purple is also considered a neutral color now. Purple overalls and a blue shirt would look great. Those two color really go together. Especially if yellow if going to difficult. Why go for one of the older neutral colors when purple is waiting in the wings to get more recognition? :nuruninja: It's also the color of royalty! (It's just cooler.) ;)

• lilipea

Ooh thank you, I'll try purple!! I've been having a hell of a time getting yellow to look nice, it just ends up having a weird pee colored outline :(

I've been working little by little on the overalls, realized that I'll have to release them as they look in the current preview because adding anything else looked too busy. Also, I'm not sure how spriting the shorts version will work out, I don't think I'm doing too great with it so far lol. The babies are so blobby that the legs look kind of weird. I just might have gotten a little too ambitious since the regular stance is so easy to work with. I dunno, I hope I can work it out because I really like the shorts version and it seems like most of you prefer them!

I could try, but his default sprite strangely doesn't have his mustache, so I'd have to base it off another character.

endermaryn and octoling like this.
                    • Tiachren

Tiachren Void-Bound Voyager

Aaaah these are all really cute, and EXACTLY what I was looking for! Snagged Elliot's son for now, but I will wait on bated breath for your Shane release! :DD (What can I say? I headcanon my farmer being in an open marriage and happy seeing her BFF sometimes, ayyy)

• mobyekum

mobyekum Void-Bound Voyager

Thx! They are KAWAII

• wiccang

wiccang Space Hobo

Abigail is actually daughter of the Wizard so her Purple Hair is natural, because he has too. Pierre say if she is really his daughter when you have enough friendship with him. Even if Her hair is Dye, the babies still can have purple hair because of the grandfather.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Question, once FarmHand is released, would you mind me using your sprites to make a mod that automatically makes the babies look like their parents? :p

GBDetective and XaviiKinz like this.
                            • tiffy961

You should tag that as minor spoiler btw.
                              Anyways, if you look around all the characters have weird hair colours so purple, blue, green all seems rather normal

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I assume if we have multiple savefiles we can only choose one set of babies?

Silly request, but any chance you'd ever consider making babies to make Notsnuffle's amazing work over at Diverse Stardew Valley? If you aren't willing to do all of them, then just Sebastian?

XaviiKinz and Merryberry like this.
                                • lilipea

That would be awesome, I don't mind at all!

As it works right now, your babies will look the same across all save files. If you want them to look different for each save file you'd have to change out the files whenever you switch between them.

I'm willing to do that, yeah! As long as @notsnufffie is cool with it :)

Also, thought I'd add that Shane and Emily babies haven't been abandoned, I'll have them ready before they're officially marriageable~

Tiachren likes this.
                                  • NanaPiyo

NanaPiyo Space Spelunker

Nhoooo.
                                    That's so cute!

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

;u; I didnt even see this mod I went did similar one because of that. Wow its even better then mine kudos I just used the base hair. <3

• elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...I don't suppose this would work with Siv's Marriage Mod? 8D; ...I need purple Wizard babbies... very badly... :B;;;;

I love all the cuties you've made so far, oh gosh.

• lilipea

Thanks for the compliments everyone <3 glad you like the mod!

It should work, as far as I'm aware, though I haven't created babies to match the Wizard. I could make them though, if you want them!

farmvillesux likes this.