NPC Babies

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Xirk1984, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Xirk1984

Xirk1984 Master Chief

Have a baby, raise it as your own. Feed it play with it teach it and fight alongside it. Two characters are needed.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This has been suggested a good many times before, with much more detail than three sentences of explanation.

pankakeman and Zoolot like this.
  4. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

You're not one for providing a ton of detail, are you, Xirk1984?

5. Xirk1984

Xirk1984 Master Chief

Nope I'm a big picture kinda guy I guess

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Quality over quantity, mate. No point making loads of vague suggestions that will go absolutely nowhere. Better to focus your effort onto something that might actually be successful with enough thought put in.

pankakeman and Clockwork like this.
  7. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

I feel like a lot of people who suggest stuff for Starbound would love the sims.

Zizou, Zoolot, Leather Rabbit and 2 others like this.
  8. PopCosmo

PopCosmo 2.7182818284590...

Hahaha. This would be interesting if they implemented this feature in. But I dont think it really suits the style of StarBound.

9. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

No, no, no, and no.

The only way this could happen for me would be if they were pets. I would like a pet baby.

The Good Doctor likes this.
  10. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

no.gif

Zizou and imrevned like this.
  11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I find the Sims boring, but they both share something: They re both sandbox, thus why not be able to do what we want? More options=Better, and being able to make a family is nothing but an option, since you can choose wether to do or not, its better for everyone.

12. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

So who's gonna be the first to post a youtube video that shows best methods for farming babies? A cloning facility would be cool, but only if we can get the babies to mine for us and fend off mobs while we're out space-spelunking.

13. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

You could always punt them.

I'd love to have a family back at base that I can take care of or completely ignore. I'm not sure what my husband'd do all day, but i'm sure he'd think of something.

greenman likes this.
  14. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I hope nobody on here ever becomes a parent...

pankakeman, Malcara and Clockwork like this.
  15. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

I heard that. Procreation is sooooo 20th century.

16. Xirk1984

Xirk1984 Master Chief

I am a parent, that's why I suggested it. i thought the kiddo and I could be part of the starbound adventure. =)

greenman likes this.
  17. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

So you are planning on putting the kid to work in the mines... j/k! Mining is fun for kids of all ages.

Xirk1984 likes this.
  18. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

I'm going to start posting this on suggestions that lack it.
    [​IMG]

19. Xirk1984

Xirk1984 Master Chief

I thought detail was the devs job, guess I better quit mine to make starbound better.

20. LegitNoob

LegitNoob Space Penguin Leader

A child to follow me on my grand adventure, a child that learns the way of his father, a child that I can tie up and use as bait when I want to catch a new carnivore species for my zoo, a child I can send to the mines to gather precious minerals while I sit at home sipping my favourite whiskey in front of an open fire, a child I can play a game of kick the baby with, South Park style. The best thing is, if the child somehow manages to get eaten by said carnivore or gets stuck in the mine due to a collapse, I can just make another.

This is a great idea. :idea:

greenman and Xirk1984 like this.