Chat (BACK FROM THE DEAD)Pet Peeves w/ ur host Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetaFace, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you find that you are easily annoyed?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  3. Wut! No! Of course not! *sharpening javelin*

19.0%
  1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Oh boy, has it been 5 hours really since I complained about something? Alright!

So what's up with the fact that commercials never tell you anything about the product? They always have car commercials and I'm sitting there watching them wondering what it is I'm watching, "Is this a commercial for life insurance?" Nope, it's for Subaru vans. Same thing with phone commercials, but at least you see the product in them, but they just walk around taking pictures or dancing, WHERE IS THE SPECS? I'm not gonna buy your item unless you can convince me it is: One, better than mine. Two, worth its cost.

2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I have a couple more because I'm usually easily annoyed (though lately I have been the happiest man on the face of this earth I dare say)
    • Aggressive begging. Look, I get you're desperate. I get you're hungry. And I'm the last person who refuses a bit of charity if it gets you through your day, I don't even care if you spend it on booze or anything if that's what keeps you alive. But after that, please leave me alone. In my city alone there's 127.000 other people. I won't make you rich. Go to the homeless shelter, you'll have a registered adress again and are qualified for benefits. Seek help. I'll even show you how. But leave me alone.
    • Elections and the big huzzah around them. In 3 days we have state parliament elections, and oh boy, you can't escape it. I know it's important - I myself will go vote - but can we please have at least one or two non-politics zones? During the 2006 football worldcup some private businesses established football-free zones. Can we please do the same about politics? Pretty pretty please?
    • Those stupid shopping trolleys you get at Kaufland stores instead of a normal shopping basked. They're neat if you have to lug something heavy-ish like beer around, but once you're at the register it moves to fast since you have to bend down for every single item, and once the trolley is empty you have to back to the end of the register to put it back, all of which costs time and creates chaos in the checkout line. Fix this or I'll take my business elsewhere (just kidding, they're the only ones who sell my favorite remoulade anymore aside from the REWE-group where I refuse to shop).
    • People who loudly smack-talk retail workers on a saturday evening. Anyone who's ever worked in food retail will agree that it is a sign of saintly patience that customers aren't massacred in the hundreds on saturday evening. I used to work sundays even. Gosh, I hated people in general back then.
    • Fandoms which ruin everything I like. The latest victim is Rick and Morty. I just like the series - it's fun, messed up and at times surprisingly deep with a good music selection, but you can't even mention the series without being bombarded with stale memes anymore. We get it, get over it and just watch the show. It's a cartoon, not the word of the Lord or anything.
    • Littering. Who the hell raises their kids to be like that? I don't know about other places, but in my area in general you have a trashcan with a built in ashtray every 20-50 meters, and yet still the vast majority of trash is around them. I'd aks if I was surrounded by pigs, but pigs are actually remarkably clean animals. I guess I am surrounded by people who never grew past toddler-age. Or maybe just idiots. Or assholes. Maybe a combination.
    • Brothels, strip clubs and sex shops openly advertising their stores near schoolways and schools themselves. I'm no prude, but this is going a bit too far. They made the same illegal for tobacco, so can't we do that with the oldest trade of mankind as well?
    • Sheep. Not the animals, they're kinda cute except when they're aggro. I mean people who are completely incapable and/or unwilling to think for themselves. Oh my god, a celebrity said something! Quick, spread the word like the 10 effing commandments. [Insert movie star] is not an expert on [topic] until proven otherwise. Vice versa, scientists are usually not very well versed in politics.

3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

A little more than a couple :)

However it continues to be amusing to see that I'm not the only one annoyed by these things, i haven't much to complain about, too busy being grossly sick. :(

I_am_the_Storm and Surenu like this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Can I complain about myself or would that be weird? Because the one thing I'm constantly often annoyed with is myself. I understand that I don't exactly have control but it's still annoying. Perhaps this would be better suited to the Troubles thread. At any rate, I'll just say: ever do something and then think "What the hell, self?" Pretty annoying to do things when you didn't necessarily want to do them.

MetaFace and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I think I can see where you're coming from - most of my problems are my own fault after all, so I guess we're in the same boat here.

MetaFace likes this.
  6. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Everytime i do something i try to explain to myself, but i end up paying myself off and telling myself to shut up about it. I end up annoying myself more than anyone else.

7. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My best pet-peeves are people, who think they are on they are better than others, and know everything better than everyone else, resulting in their own 'superiority'.
    I mean those, who bully weaker people because they are on 'higher spot in society' and thus can command and control lifes and metaphorical 'destiny' of others, or 'know' that they can survive in wilderness, because there's nothing difficult on that.

MetaFace and Pangaea like this.
  8. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I don't believe in being better than someone else, I mean, obviously anyone who thinks otherwise isn't better than anyone. Egomaniacs are just so damn awful.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

-Data redacted-

I'm also annoyed by everything on this list

MetaFace likes this.
  10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

My pet peeve is when people double post.

I had to clear up twice here.

not even lying.

11. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

DId I or someone double post?

MetaFace likes this.
  12. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Someone did, but enh, its cool

MetaFace and Waffle-Chan like this.
  13. dullreverie

dullreverie Void-Bound Voyager

My biggest pet peeve is guilt tripping in general, but for the sake of specifics passive aggressive guilt tripping.

MetaFace likes this.
  14. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

A few pet peeves of mine include (but are not limited to):
    • People talking as if they are in the internet IRL. For example: People speaking in memes and references.
    • People creating issues that they don't actually have but say they do for the sake of seeming more interesting.
    • And finally teenagers in my classes (mainly gym) trying to be "edgy" by joking about raping people, talking about the people they want to have sex with (and how), and people using racist slurs while making racist jokes.

15. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

You, know something recent that happened, if you were reading my posts then you know what it is, and I'll tell you, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good right now, but a new recent pet peeve...

I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC! The whole ear clog thing has urked me more than one can imagine. Think of wearing a pair of headphones, that muffled sound that makes it impossible to hear anyone? That is me 100% of the time, but in my right ear only, and I HATE IT! IT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH! I am very, heavily dependent on music in order to cope with life, and taking that away kills me.

I_am_the_Storm and dullreverie like this.
  16. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

You know what minorly irritates me? Chopsticks.

I have these natural utensils on my body. They're called hands.

Whoever invented these chopstick things was being pretentious. With these sticks I shall hunt my prey... I could do violence with these sticks. Atrocities.

MetaFace and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  17. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Meant to say something about this earlier, but yeah, sorry. It was me.

18. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

I have another pet peeve that I was reminded of recently: people using the word "gay" as an insult. I'm not like that myself but I still cannot stand people doing this.

19. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I don't ever ACTUALLY insult someone, especially by calling them gay, may I say... "It's just a prank bro"?

I myself being bi, am not offended by these really stupid insults, of course I'm not actually offended by anything other than stupid people, however I only jokingly say these kind of things to close friends because they know I love them and don't mean it.

20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Anothet pet peeve of mine is good threads going dry so here's something else:

Furniture stores. I get extremely irritated just being in one, for no apparent reason at all. My ex-girlfriend had to promise me cupcakes and beer whenever we had to go to Poco because she needed me to carry the heavy stuff (and, well, to pay).

MetaFace likes this.