1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Backpacks 2.3.1

For all your backpack related needs.

1. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

hi! :D

I didn't change the assets of the mod, I just looked at them.
    I think if you changed [category = backpackSettings.subtitle.."^reset;",] to [description = backpackSettings.subtitle.."^reset;",], and removed the subtitle regex, it'd make stuff like this possible:
    Smelly.png Smelly2.png
    So instead of changing the category text, it changes the "This backpack will let me carry more stuff!" text

I didn't change the mod assets, I just looked at them. The smelly backpack was made with Starcheat

2. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

Was considering adding an option for the description, but a big issue is space in the settings page; I'd need a fairly big text area compared to changing the subtitle/category.
    Will consider a separate option in the future though.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  3. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just about any item added by Fracking Universe also causes Vanishing bags.

4. hoshineharu

hoshineharu Void-Bound Voyager

Same with RPG Growth, so maybe unsupported items simply straight up cause vanishing bags?

5. Apple Juice

Could you provide log files?

6. hoshineharu

hoshineharu Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to recreate the vanishing bags with both RPG Growth items and FU items for a log file, and it didn't happen anymore.

Also sorry! The time RPG Growth items made the bags disappear was also when I was losing bags due to throwing items as well. Seems like for me at least it's fixed!

7. Apple Juice

If you come across it again, toss a log file my way and I'll do my best to fix it. Should be fixed for the most part, though.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  8. Apple Juice

Apple Juice updated Backpacks with a new update entry:

OVERHAUL.

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if it's possible in Starbound to intercept player picking up items without adding lag, but in Minecraft there was a pretty cool backpack mod that would let the player select what gets sorted into a backpack automatically when picked up. It also had a feature where the backpack could be dumped into a storage container en masse by clicking on the container with the pack. And finally, there was a refill from pack option where backpacks would replenish stacks in inventory. That last one looks like a lag-producer though.

10. Apple Juice

No way to do that in starbound unfortunately; I'm only able to run the backpack scripts while it's in your hand, or open.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  11. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

this mod looks awesome! will there be different size bags in the future? (i.e: 50 slot duffle, 200 slot D&D bag of holding, 3 slot paper lunch bag)

12. Apple Juice

Just going to be the standard 25 slot, backpack for now; considering adding the ability to upgrade it and add new pages, but for the most part it'll always be multiples of 25 due to code limitations.

13. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

As for the bag-in-a-bag thing, there is at least one mod that allows you to break containers and keep the items, but it won't allow containers with items inside it, you could analyze the code or ask help from the author. Sorry I don't remember the name. But promissing mod! :D

14. Apple Juice

I'm aware of how to fix it; just wanted to get this update out quickly. Patch for that and the rot timer freezing should be next.

15. Apple Juice

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  16. Apple Juice

17. Squeeker101

Squeeker101 Void-Bound Voyager

Just found this and was very interested but when i move the .pak file into the /mods folder, it does nothing. Any ideas?

18. Apple Juice

Are you seeing the backpack in your default crafting menu?

19. Squeeker101

Squeeker101 Void-Bound Voyager

Nope. I also do not see any mention of the mods in the mod list on the homepage. I have many workshop mods installed that all work.

20. Apple Juice

You may have installed it incorrectly then; can you give me the file path where it's located? (Starting at /steamapps/)