1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Backpacks 2.3.1

For all your backpack related needs.

1. Squeeker101

Squeeker101 Void-Bound Voyager

The .pak file is in D:\Games\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods. I made a separate path for steam games so that they are not in programfiles.

2. Vagak

Vagak Big Damn Hero

I should ask. What would happen if you have your bag open, and the server decides to crash? Would that mean you'd lose your bag as a result?

3. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

Should reappear in your inventory assuming you have an available item slot. (Inventory not full)

4. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Settings page on my backpack has an "add pages (WIP)" second page. I presume this is to add a second (third/etc,) inventory page?

How do I make this work? What bar is that? I've tried putting in 16 iron, tungsten, silver and durasteel, but nothing is working. If I close the bag when I have bars in that slot, the bag destroys the bars.

5. Apple Juice

Currently serves no purpose, ignore it for now.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  6. adamkad1

adamkad1 Void-Bound Voyager

maybe make something nasty happen when you put a bag in a bag. like a singularity! (too much ss13)

7. Partonetrain

Partonetrain Phantasmal Quasar

I was wondering why it wasn't working for me, so I unpacked it. I realized the backpack is actually just a watering can so it can maintain compatibility with vanilla server (which is quite clever btw) but... since the player already knows how to craft watering cans and the recipe is defined, the recipe for backpacks (which, again, are actually watering cans) won't work (unless in admin mode which ignores the check if the player knows the recipe or not.)

Edit: upon further inspection and tweaking, I'm not sure if that's actually the problem. I changed the recipe to make a fishaxe as well as player.config.patch to add a recipe for the fishaxe. I know the script won't work with the fishaxe but right now I'm just trying to have it craftable outside of admin mode.
    Also, I hope you don't mind me debugging your mod. :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    crudebuster likes this.
  8. crudebuster

crudebuster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same problem here. The back pack is a tremendously useful thing but without a recipe it's impossible for players to make it...

9. Apple Juice

There's an updated version on steam that fixes the crafting issue; haven't gotten around to updating it here yet.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  10. DieRoge

DieRoge Void-Bound Voyager

Why i can't see a craft in Craft menu[c]?
    But on test admin character i can see a craft of backpack
    ((i'm sorry, but my English very bad.I'm from Russia))

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  11. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

You can craft it using the updated Steam version of the backpack mod :D the mod here hasn't gotten the update, though ;-;

12. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

Watching you talk about the new update for this mod, and I'm just like:
    "I'm excited, but take your time!"

13. Apple Juice

14. Apple Juice

15. alexxxddd

alexxxddd Void-Bound Voyager

Oh man, I've found a horrible bug, (sorry if you can not understand me, but my English is bad (?) Well, when you open the backpack is fine, but when you right click to take a single sample of the item (ex: ablock) you lose the backpack and all that I had in it, and not only that, when exchanging items the same thing happens, I can not take out or put my things and when closing the window of the backpack I lose everything I had there, andavoid this I have to move my items with caution because I can lose them, it has happened to me several times, help me, fix this error D:

16. alexxxddd

alexxxddd Void-Bound Voyager

is a good mod (very useful) but this bug is a nightmare, I think this happens because I have a slightly old version of the game 1.3.0

17. Apple Juice

Can you post your Starbound log inside here after the error happens? You can find it under /Starbound/storage/starbound.log
    First time I've seen this one in particular so I'm not sure why it'd be happening.

18. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

So the bag as a weak 25 slots, any way to upgrade them to have more slots?
    Either i'm blind or it's not as obvious as to how to upgrade them
    And while it may be a little OP i guess, does the mod support A bag in a bag in a bag?

I lug around 10 bags right now, and while they only get slowly filled up as i start to empty various planets the 25 slots or 50 slots is quite low...
    With Enhanced storage, i lug around 3 mini fridges with 160 slots - their downside is that i can't put/take stuff in them when in a dungeon or the like with protected areas. Since they require to be put down on the ground.
    Your bags has that superior advantage - But their low storage capacity makes it a hazzle to lug around 10 bags when being able to upgrade them to have up to 150 slots would be a god sent. *shrugs*

19. Apple Juice

You can upgrade bags to hold up to 75 slots in the settings page. Read the description for more info.

20. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually, what I did NOT notice was that there is 2 tiny arrows at the bottom of the UI that shows another "page" in the backpack...

So yeah, i was just blind... Thanks though. Gonna try and clean my eyes with a bit of tar to see if that cleans them ;)