Badger's Starbound characters (a handy reference)

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by Stormbadger, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Stormbadger

Stormbadger Seal Broken

Since these characters are likely to appear in both role-plays and in fanfics, I figured I'd put up some profiles for them so people can have a gander when I point them out. I also figured here would be a good place to put this, but I can jump to another location if required.

I'll also be adding drawings of them when I get around to scanning or photographing them. Also all the stats use the D&D/d20 system.

Vina Kovalsky
    [​IMG]
    Race: Apex
    Stats:
    Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 11
    Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 20
    Wisdom: 18
    Charisma: 15​

Vina Kovalsky was once a loyal Miniknog military officer, but was disgraced and removed from her position after a series of losses in battle and blame-shifting by others for their failings. She soon took on the role of strategist for a small rebellion incursion on her homeworld, but things went horribly awry and she fled on a stolen ship, burning through the fuel and dealing with a damaged FTL drive.

Vina is intelligent and quick-thinking, and an up-until-recently renowned tactician. Her military training has given her a lot of expertise with many different forms of weaponry, but she favours two-handed axes. While she's resourceful and good at coordinating many different elements, she tends to get rather panicked and flustered when things don't go as planned, and spends perhaps too long organising herself. However, she can easily be relied on to see a job through and will remain a loyal companion.

Dustin Dioxide
    [​IMG]
    Race: Novakid
    Stats:
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 21
    Constitution: 13
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 16​

Dustin Dioxide is your typical Novakid - fast on his feet, quick with a gun, and only occasionally obnoxious. However, Dustin has this awful habit of attracting and/or causing trouble, or getting involved in other people's issues without so much as asking permission. He rarely talks about his past - not because it bothers him, but because it's not all that important to him.

Dustin is a skilled marksman, and often brags about his skills, and gets annoyed whenever his skill (or his weapon's caliber) is brought up. He's quick to think and react, but he lends himself more to action than thought and can sometimes do something without thinking it through. Despite this, and not to mention his terrible puns, he's a "darn good 'Kid" to have by your side.

Saiyuki Kozuke
    [​IMG]
    Race: Hylotl
    Stats:
    Strength: 18
    Dexterity: 18
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 15

While most Hylotl are pacifists and focus themselves entirely on the beauty of the universe, Saiyuki Kozuke is one of those rare types who is more than capable when armed with a sharp blade. Originally the bodyguard for a wealthy Hylotl noble, she was more or less forced to wander the galaxy after her charge was disgraced. Not that she was bothered by it, and in fact relished the opportunity.

Saiyuki is quiet, patient and often seems withdrawn from the world, but she's always watching for any signs of danger. Her height, athletic build and albino colouration makes it hard for her to hide, but she barely considers the stealthy approach and always faces her opponents head on. As to be expected, she is ridiculously lethal with a blade, but only draws it when she means to use it. And she's more than happy to use it on whatever, or whoever, aims to hurt her current charge.

Thornvine
    [​IMG]
    Race: Floran
    Stats:
    Strength: 20
    Dexterity: 16
    Constitution: 20
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 15

Thornvine is an interesting case - unlike most Floran, he's not interested in killing without provocation, hunting only non-sapient animals for sustenance. While technically still a member of his tribe, his oddities didn't sit so well with them, so he departed to avoid any unnecessary fighting with his own people.

Thornvine is eloquent and verbose for a Floran, though occasionally struggles with some grammar conventions and will occasionally slip back into typical Floran speak. When it comes to combat, he has no specific weapons he prefers using, but often favours ranged weapons to avoid entering 'ssstab mode', as he calls it. He is also a great storyteller, often storing books on his ship and writing down Floran folk tales for others to enjoy.

Methyl "Milli" Steele
    [​IMG]
    Race: Novakid
    Stats:
    Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 20
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 18​

Young cousin to Dustin, what Methyl Steele lacks in precision she makes up for with eagerness and brute force - she's not the finest shot in the galaxy, but she's the most enthusiastic, taking to all sorts of large, loud and powerful weapons. Taking to the stars at a young age, she's been causing more problems than she can solve, but always comes out fine (and oftentimes oblivious to it).

Methyl is smaller, and physically denser, than most Novakid, but she's got more than enough energy for one - often appearing hyperactive and overeager when engaged in anything exciting. Her physical density also seems to mirror her mental one, as she rarely thinks and can hardly keep her attention on anything in particular.

Karina Starweed
    [​IMG]
    Race: Floran
    Stats:
    Strength: 18
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 13
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 16​

Eschewing the typical combat focus of the Floran, Karina Starweed instead focuses on the scavenging, often exploring the stars simply to find more things to add to her ship. While she's not above stabbing and killing, she's more keen on doing so to grab the shiny hat that person's wearing, or the pixels in their pocket.

She barely reached her adult years before she took to the stars on a ship she just so happened to find, and as such she can seem naive and ignorant of the wide galaxy. She's bubbly and cheerful, but can be surprisingly vicious, especially over something shiny. She also hordes almost everything she gets, only getting rid of objects when she has no room for them or, in the case of weapons and armour, has no more use for them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Master Automan IV and Alkanthe like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Looks good! You're a roleplayer, huh? I am too... Might be interested in an RP with you, sometime. But I warn you, I'm used to very casual roleplay.